MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Spreading The Love About.....

 Amongst a number of my projects at the moment. 

I got back to some boring old nine patches for Natures Journey. I am almost halfway there.

While I was at it I joined some of my little hearts together.....these are seriously becoming an addiction and I lay the blame squarely with friend Marina lol!
I tried my hand at some fussy cutting for these little hexie flowers.

And I finally got to the job of cutting the remaining Dresden blades for my Flowerville blocks. 
Drawing has been taking up a bit of my time too. I have begun a special piece for my brother who is having a big birthday later in the year. He loves the Yellowtail Black Cockatoos that inhabit his coastal home....so thats  on my drawing board.
You may be able to see him starting to emerge from the page.
Some of the lovely pops of colour in my garden of neglect of late. I am thrilled with my Moth orchid and they are so pretty, tiny  and delicate. 

The noise from the Rainbow Lorikeets enjoying our red bottlebrush is deafening each morning and at dusk....wouldn't change a thing!

The Clivia is now bursting with orange flowerheads.....this one was the first to open. Fingers crossed my yellow one will oblige again this year.
Ever since I discovered tiny little flowers on my Crotons I love seeing their delicate little blossoms......
Ok I am saying by for now.....I don't know about you but I am finding the new blogger frustrating......jerky and I don't seem to be able to use it as easily as the previous version as far as photos and linking to other blogs....so I am going before something else doesn't work! 

Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx





20 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography of your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much loveliness in this post!
    love your 9 patch blocks and your fussy cut hexies are gorgeous.
    I won't mention the hearts lol but they are gorgeous too.
    can't wait to see those dresdens come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Your garden is lovely...Can't wait to see the rest of the drawing of the cockatoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, new Blogger just dropped out on my first attempt to comment. It knew I was thinking bad thoughts about it - thanks for nothing, Blogger people :) Beautiful patchwork bits and pieces, and your flowers as lovely as ever. The lorikeets and cockatoos made a right mess of our bottle brush last week - it is in decline now, lol. Can't wait to see your cockatoo picture, it will be a beauty! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of pretty today Michelle , the flowers in the garden are beautiful too. Hopefully blogger settles down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change can be very frustrating, especially when neither asked for nor wanted! I love your black cocky, they really are beautiful birds. Lots of pretty fabrics in your post today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty hearts and dresses, and gorgeous flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS. Meant to add, the cockatoo is coming along nicely, will be great to see it finished. Does your brother know you are drawing this for him, or will it be a big surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy with gorgeous results. Love those fussy cut hexies. Thank you for sharing those pretty flowers and your drawing cockatoo is taking shape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching, art & garden display are ALL gorgeous Michelle. Lovely gift for you brother... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle divinos trabajos que compartes
    Tus flores impresionantes ¡me encantan!
    Cuídate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty & varied projects you get to work on Michelle. I love your garden pics ... when we first went into lockdown my friend dug up all her clivias. She gave me two large rubbish bags full & I have planted them down the end of my section under some trees. Some have flowers but many are sulking this year but I am hoping next year they will be a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice work with your sewing machine and your fussy cut flowers look just great. Lovely flowers in your garden. Heavy - and much needed - rain here as I write, no sign of autumn colour yet though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michelle wow your cockatoo will make a special present for your brother ,such a lovely idea. Oh your hearts look fantastic and well done with your prep work. Wow how beautiful and colourful does your garden look . Hope you and yours are all well my friend,take care,Namaste and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of lovely sewing happening ovewr there and I love the start to your latest drawing.... its so great seeing the plants doing their spring thing...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sew many lovely projects you are working on Michelle.
    Your Cockatoo is coming along nicely and will a fabulous gift.
    Lots of lovely blooms in your garden ..
    Well done with your post ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice work Michelle, specially your fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the "new blogger" will take some getting used to.
    gorgeous flowers - its a great time of the year - all too brief sadly.
    Quite a variety of projects - never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely to see all the projects on the go. It is great to have choices. How special to be able to make an art piece as a gift. That will be lovely.
    Great to see the garden doing so well. It really helps to make the day enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.