MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Sunday Stitchers September Plus....

 I have no clue where this week has gone but it seems its nearly Friday once again.

On Sunday it was our September meeting for Sunday Stitchers. We were down in numbers but a nice day was had by all.

We all were very industrious....

And there was still some lovely Show and Tell.

Our photographer has managed to miss out on her piccie being taken.

Wednesday I had friends visit for stitching and lunch.

We were also missing some of our gang this time....you were missed girls. It was very nice to catch up and share a cuppa and conversation. 
It was Basket Case time again and I am adding these four to the tally.

Recently I found out what leaders and enders are....I know......I like the hollow log I live in lol! Anyway as I am not a big piecer I wondered how I could embrace this activity.
I then saw gorgeous little appliqed heart blocks on Marina from Maisie and the Boys blog and asked if I could borrow her lovely idea. 
So my leaders and enders will be little heart blocks as they fill my project bag.

These were joined during my machine sewing stint today.
My Daughter shared this memory recently on FB of my youngest Granddaughter and I want to record it here for my own memories....so please indulge me.
She has been since the teeniest tot a huge fan of Batman.....and still is as you can see in the second photo, taken a few days ago setting up her worm farm.
My Daughter took this photo when she first got to meet her hero....she wasn't a bit frightened but definitely awestruck! Batman dress and all lol! She was about 3 years old...she is a big 7 years old now. Batman was great getting down to her level for some serious "Batty" conversation! 
I just LOVE  this photo.



Well it is getting late here now so I shall say goodnight folks.
Sweet dreams.


Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx




16 comments:

  1. Two lovely catch ups with your stitching friends and there was beautiful show and tell.
    Nice basket to add to your collection and the sweet hearts make a good leader and enter project.
    Cute photos of the Batmas fan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps one day there might be a Batwoman! Always good to catch up with friends, especially in these trying times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be able to catch up as a group again. Everyone looks very industrious. Nice photos of the Batman fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to catch up with your sewing friends Michelle, there is great show and tell too. That is a beautiful photo of your grand daughter meeting Batman! Lovely baskets and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is a gorgeous pic of your GD...& a wonderful memory too.
    Of course all your stitching is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is gorgeous that she is batman obsessed Michelle. When my 3 year old grandson came last Tuesday he had batman shorts, t-shirt, hat & even showed me batman undies on!!! They are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing what you get up to on yours stitching days. Beautiful projects, as always. I love the Batman photo. Some years ago we had a young neighbour who was obsessed with Batman. He basically lived in his Batman suit and wore it literally everywhere until it was in rags and way too small for him. He is now an adult. I wonder if he is still a fan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always lovely to catch up with our sewing friends. Our group is off to Warwick for a retreat. Leave Monday 28th to Sunday 4th. Also planning a day in Toowoomba to see the beautiful gardens.
    Love all the work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely to have a face to face catch up.
    Your hearts looks so pretty!! Are you addicted now?
    Like your new baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More lovely projects from the Sunday Stitchers and you all look as though you are having fun. Marina's hearts are stunning arent they! Your collection has started nicely. Cute little Batman fan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great having stitching time with friends... in the different formats... quite a bit gets done then.... I love all your projects and your batgirl is adorable....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely pic of Miss Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to catch up via zoom so you can stitch and chat. It works really well and time flies.
    I can see you enjoying the heart stitching.
    Love the Batman pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle how wonderful to catch up with the girls for a craft day ,i am catching up with some friends and having a craft day with them this thursday,i cant wait . i always love seeing your beautoiful work,well done my friend. Oh wow Miss E stills loves Batman ,love the pics of her,darling girl she is growing up very fast,she will be patting you on the head soon,lol,Namaste and Blessing to you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics of your grand daughter and I love your drawing. Sweet hearts. I have no idea what leaders and enders are either. ???

    ReplyDelete
  16. so nice you had time with the sunday stitches....missing sewing buddies......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.