MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Friday and FNWF

 

Yesterday Hubby and I had a hankering for some sea air and some fish and chips. So we headed down to the bay....


It was a glorious day.....blue skies and sunshine. The fish and chips weren't bad either! 


It was quite busy so we found a quieter spot to enjoy them and then had a lovely walk by the marina. I always love the views of all the masts and white boats against the sky and water.


These Bird of Paradise shrubs were stunning!

On closer inspection a busy bee can be seen hard at work. 
Never tire of bright red bottlebrush bushes in flower.
It's hard to reconcile beautiful Spring days like this with a world that gone to pot!
After that lunch easy peasy toasties for tea for us.
For FNWF I wanted to finish off the last 4 squares on Nature's Journey. 

It didn't take too long and there was a little bit of jiggling and fudging but I think it looks ok......it will have to wait for its 9 patch border now.
I then worked on a little orphan block of 2 inch clamshells. I found it when looking for another pouch for a project. Originally it was for Brinton Hall but never was used. So I hate to waste things and I added 3 rows.
I am thinking of making it into a little wall hanging to go in my sewing room......right where that blank space is near Ted.

In the same pouch I found some pretty floral clamshells....they were for a gift that turned out to be not suitable for the person.
I think perhaps I will work a larger square with them and make them a central panel for another quilt.....hmmmm thinking! Hate to waste them.
So folks that was my very enjoyable Friday.  Thanks to CHERYLL from Gone Stitchin for gathering us together again across the country and across the waves.
Until next time, take good care of yourself. 
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx







20 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Michelle, they brighten up and distract us from what's going on.
    Love your nature's journey centre, that chocolate brown is beautiful.
    Great to not waste your clamshells, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to have your company last night.
    You worked on some lovely projects even after your wonderful day out. Thanks for joining in FNwF...xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like my kind of day .....lovely scenery, blue skies and lunch out. Those clam shells are far too pretty to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day out.... Love fish and chips.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day! We love going to the coast but it's two hours from here so it does not happen very often but I too am always fascinated by the masts in marinas. I do love that squares border - such a great idea. Pretty clamshells and that gap on the wall is just asking to be filled! Have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great day out fish and chips delicious... pretty clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Michelle wow looks like a wonderful day you had can't wait till we can do that again,and those fish and chip packs look so yummy. This quilt is going to be stunning you are getting it done rather quickly. You are doing really well,you are very clever. Stay safe Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fish and chips by the water is always good! Your projects are coming along beautifully....and I love the red bottle brush. Ours is showing its new growth, so hopefully should flower before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making great progress on Natures Journey - looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely day and evening you had in this world that's gone to pot.....
    Natures Journey is growing beautifully and the clamshells made in a wallhanging will look nice above Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice to take your own nature's journey before coming home to work on the piece. Those clam shells are so pretty I agree we shouldn't waste them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely time out .... need to make those trips every now and then .... NJ is looking stunning... and I love your little no waste projects... your brain is always in designer mode!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like it was a wonderful day out. Love your Natures Journey centre. The clamshells would make a pretty wallhanging. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh lovely...love seeing your progress. I see the space for that wall hanging it will fit in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lovely day for both stitching and exploring. What a lovely day to be out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful day to be out for fish and chips, the marina looks wonderful and the flowers are so pretty. Natures Journey looks wonderful too as do the clamshells.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is the perfect way to spend a Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Despite the pandemic is so good that we can enjoy and appreciate a beautiful spring day. We need to acknowledge our blessings wherever and whenever we can. Love your block and those cute clammies. You just reminded me of the teeny ones I started a long time ago and are now a UFO. Enjoy the sunshine. X

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful shots of the bay Michelle. I think it is high time we headed there, after our many trips towards the West. Do you recommend a particular place for Fish and Chips? What fun to find a few old sewing projects to recycle. I found a box of pretty fabrics and some old doilies a few days ago; must have been having thoughts of a quilt
    there. Red bottle brush always make me cheerful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving your clamshells!!!! I love making them too. Nature's Journey looks like quite the endeavor! Looking forward to seeing your progress on that one! See you next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.