MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, February 23, 2020

FNSI February and Celebrations

Friday night was time to join my blogging friends for our monthly sew in. We had 2 little people with us for the evening so after Tacos Grampy style we settled down to watch the Lion King. I  managed a little bit of stitching but have to admit....I was too enthralled with the movie lol!
A little bit of progress was made on Block 4 of Flowerville.
You can pop over to Wendy's blog ***HERE to see what others got up to.
This weekend was a lovely celebration for my Aunt and Uncle. They celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Loved seeing photos of their special day way back when....
And now...
They are such beautiful folks....it also happened to be my Aunts 80th birthday.....so that me meant cake!
And candles....
It was also a lovely opportunity for a family photo with my Mum, Brother and Sister....
So many generations.......
I came into this family as a five year old when my Mother married into it and was accepted into the fold with much love and affection.....something I will always treasure.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xx

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your aunt and uncle, Michelle! 60 years is a wonderful anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special occasion Michelle and lovely to have such a big family. Glad you managed a few stitches for FNSI. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to have helped you Aunt and Uncle with their special celebration...
    A little stitching is better than none...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a lovely celebration Michelle - its great to have the family photos & get together at something that is NOT a funeral! I am loving the look of your Flowerville.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely family get together … and wonderful milestones for them.... lovely stitching and glad you enjoyed the Lion King... that music will always make my toes move!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special day for your aunt and uncle and other family members. I agree not much happens in the sewing department when the little ones are around and that is the way it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A special occasion indeed. Lovely to see a family get together to celebrate the milestones. Nice that you managed a little stitching. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 60yrs together sure IS something to celebrate, so many break up's in relationships.
    How was the Lion King movie? I remember when the first one came out on video, my kids were so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing family gatherings like that. It is a lovely way to keep contact and to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Michelle,

    Family is the most important thing in this world. Your Aunt and Uncle are to be congratulated on there Wedding Anniversary. Your Uncle looks haven't changed a bit.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a lovely weekend with lots of family time, and gosh, you even managed a bit of stitching! How wonderful for your aunt and uncle to be celebrating 60 years marriage - more than a good excuse for a family get together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stitchery is lovely.

    Loks like you had a fantastic family gathering for all the best reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your photos of loved family. What wonderful milestones and how special to have been accepted like that too. A blessing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good photos of family. I see you in your mom. 60 Years is outstanding. We always have to get a little stitching in. I mostly trimmed blocks today getting ready to start sewing my top together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to celebrate a huge milestone with all the family. Lovely memories and a great family pic or two...xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.