MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

In a Bind

....is what I have been in. Finally allocating time to get the binding sewn on my recently returned quilts from Fiona.
First there was one...
Then there was two....
And finally three...
I can now enjoy at my leisure hand stitching the binding down.
Two more Postcards are added to the pile.....hopefully I may get some assembly done soon. I had several to do before I could indulge my need for some kind of time line order.....I know......I know.....if only I had the same overwhelming feelings towards housework lol!
On Monday I received a lovely gift from one of my art buddies....a gorgeous orchid from her collection. I think it is from the "Moth" group....don't know the botanical correct name. Really hoping that I can keep it alive  now!
Loved the reflections in the water on our Sunday wander....
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

14 comments:

  1. I love when I get to the point when I am stitching on binding - success! And relax and admire your work!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having three lovely quilts to bind will keep you busy. Take your time and enjoy the process, and don't forget the labels! Looking forward to seeing pics when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step closer to three more finished quilts, Michelle! That's a gorgeous orchid......now I see where the colour "orchid" comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle wow you and Fiona sure have been busy,cant wait to see your finished quilts.
    Oh what a pretty orchid,i love the colour,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of lovelies heading to the finish line. That is a nice feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful orchid Michelle and reflections picture. Three lots of binding to do all at once! Looking forward to seeing them when all is finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful to see you and a sewing machine in the same shot....hehe.
    Enjoy the binding and finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed that each binding goes so well with each quilt. There's nothing like sewing binding on, it's so satisfying! And I see how you do your pins - interesting. I don't use any pins or clips at all. (Didn't know I should, hahaha) As the the orchid, it's beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Binding time is happy time.... you have a few metres of it to do! Lovely orchid and great blocks there..... we are so lucky to have stitching to do
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done with all those finishes. Binding will be stitched in no time. The postcards are lovely and the orchid is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the binding stage and seeing things get finished! Looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished quilts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing those finished quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to get to the binding part of a quilt....Very pretty orchids, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh three bindings to sew on - how exciting :-) Lovely orchid - wishing you well with keeping it going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.