MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Catching Up

 It's been a bit of a mixed bag around here of late......
Birthdays.....our eldest Granddaughter Miss C. Lovely celebrations and one with the family too.
Sunday Stitchers meeting for April happened.
We had 3 birthday girls......

Noreen, Sandi and Marilyn....ohhh in case you were wondering.....the cake was extremely delicious.
A belated Easter and Anzac theme was the order of the day, and sweet treats as well......how very spoilt!
Helen was making sure we were all working hard....lol!
I worked on my Clamshells....but had to wait until much later to start another row as I left all my threads at home....hmmmm!  Senior moment! Still I got a couple more basted.
I missed the lovely show and tell as I went home early....a tooth extraction on Friday was giving me lots of pain and making me feel very yuk! Not a happy stitcher!
I did however get to see Lyndas lovely gift from Raewyn at Scrub Stitchin retreat. Lynda just loved it and I can see why.
It's a neat sewing travel kit that opens into a little bucket. Then zips back up into a little pouchto keep your stitching things safe......so cute!
I did get my NO.5 done in the UFO CHALLENGE. My Beyond the Garden Gate top completed....it's visiting my Quilting Faerie FIONA at present.

This month is .....
Which is Ruth's quilt assembly. So as I am half way there hopefully achievable.
A few more hearts are ready for adding to the growing pile for my I Spy quilts.
I managed half a postcard short of my April four deadline....this is number 3.
Well that's me all caught up....there are a couple of Art Posts **HERE** if you are interested.
Ok I am off to the dentist again as it appears that I have  developed an infection....yay!
Take care of you and yours.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx



11 comments:

  1. You've been busy and gee that cake does look very delicious. Hope you're feeling better after your tooth extraction xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Michelle - aren't the grandies cute!! Well done on getting another UFO ticked off. How exciting to see Lynda's pouch at your group :-) I hope your tooth has healed and no longer giving you pain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this Michelle. Lots of lovely thing to look at and the cake certainly looks delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, a tooth infection is not good. What a dear little granddaughter you have; Happy Birthday to her. Goodness, your Garden Gate quilt was finished so quickly - you are a quick stitcher indeed, and I love those pretty hearts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, it's bad enough having a tooth extracted and now you have an infection. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do hope your ? tooth has settled down now.
    Birthdays are such fun. Lovely work as usual. Hope we catch up soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gosh that is bad luck with the tooth.... hope you are okay.... glad you made it for a while to SS...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your tooth, I hope the infection is under control and less painful now. Loving your clamshells and the hearts are so cute, they will make wonderful quilts. The cake looks amazing. Lovely celebrations with the grandies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear. Sending many angel healing hugs to you. Hope you haven't developed a dry socket.
    Your quilt was finished quickly! Looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have been busy Michelle & seem to have achieved lots! I saw the bag on Raewyns blog & thought how nifty it was. I hope you got that tooth sorted out - there is nothing worse!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all went well at the dentist. That is not a happy way to be.
    I am pleased you enjoyed all the different birthdays, though. Always lots of fun.
    Even though you have been busy it looks like you have kept up well with your projects.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.