MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Circles

The circle is complete.  Cheery spotty binding is stitched down on my "Circles" quilt. Which was my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt for 2018. My friend Lorel and I decided on a block design and then did the challenge together last year. We did 4 circles of each months colour.
Friend FIONA of Bubzrugz has beautifully quilted it.
I love the detail within the circles.....
And the borders too......

I chose an orphan doiley which was beautifully worked by Hubby's Grandmother whose name just happened to have been Daisy.....perfect I think that it's a circle of daisies!
I really love this quilt. Such nice memories.....stitched along and planned with a friend, quilted by a friend, upcycling challenge AND every bit of it.....backgrounds, circles, borders, pieced together backing and wadding all came from what I had....challenge MET! Plus Fiona's quilting has made this scrappy quilt shine!
If we ever get cool weather again, this will be my book reading, movie watching snuggle quilt.
I didn't join in with Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year as I wanted to work on my Wings and Pretty Things blocks but it is a fun thing to do...I recommend it!
Speaking of my Wings blocks, I have completed another of the applique blocks.
So folks that's it from me....my in-house Barista has made be a delicious coffee so I am off to savour it........enjoy your day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

19 comments:

  1. Your circle quilt is stunning Michelle, perfect for snuggling! Love the label too. The bird block is beautiful too. Hope the coffee was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Circle Quilt is a lovely snuggle Quilt. Beautiful quilting by Fiona and the Doily is perfect for the label...
    Pretty block you worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks wonderful, Michelle. I love your label. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness for stash, quilting friends and built in baristas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great achievement and it looks so lovely especially with the added bonus of the sweet doiley. The quilting is beautiful. Love your birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circle quilt looks great Michelle and as always Fiona has done a great job with the quilting. Another beautiful applique block. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely quilt … and such a great story to go with it... thank you for letting me have some play time with it....
    Wings block is beautiful.... what's next?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely story in this quilt....gorgeous. Hope you enjoyed the coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really pretty quilt, Michelle.....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it is beautiful Michelle. No wonder you are so thrilled with it. And once again Fiona has quilted it to perfection. Happy snuggling with your book under your new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Circle quilt is so pretty, and the family Dooley is the perfect finishing touch for the label. What a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your circle quilt, just beautiful. Love the Wings block. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your circles quilt is gorgeous! You and Fiona certainly make a good team!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt, its gorgeous. The applique block is too. It's great having an in-home barista, wouldn't be without one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Circle quilt is really lovely Michelle, and I am very taken with the idea of using a doily to sign off. Wings and Pretty things sounds like something I would like - and that block is very fetching :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely finish on your circle quilt. It came together so well and the quilting is a lovely finish.The doiley is a great label.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a very pretty & cosy finish on your Circles quilt Michelle... with all the heat your area has been getting, it must feel like cooler days are never going to come, but they will.
    Fiona has certainly done a sterling job on the quilting. Enjoy your lovely quilt xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.