MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 25, 2019

Visitors and Brinton Hall

I did say that I would post close ups of the lovely quilting on my Brinton Hall quilt just back from FIONA  recently.
The main attraction for me with this quilt was the framed hexie medallions in the centre. I loved the opportunity to use those fabrics that you just love but don't want to cut into and ruin the feature.
I love how Fiona has quilted them!

And this fabric and some of the others were special gifts from my bestie Ann after a trip to the US.
I have used it throughout and as the final border as well as binding.
I did my own thing a bit after the middle section and I was very pleased with the results.
Hexies beautifully quilted.

The back is just as pretty...
Next job get the binding ready....it was put away.....ready to go.
Speaking of my friend Fiona. I was lucky enough to have her come visit for the day yesterday.
I achieved the some total of one piece sewn on to my 1797 lol!
Why? Well....chatting, cuppas, checking out quilts and design discussions got us sidetracked! Plus we had another lovely friend pop in too. SUSAN from Susan's Sewing Space We were too busy chatting for a pic so I borrowed one from Sunday Stitchers....lol!
Lovely to have a natter and a cuppa.
The day weather wise was feral.....so we farewelled Susan off to her appointments and donned our swimmers and took the plunge to cool off...

 You didn't really think there would be pics did you lol! What happens in Ridgways pool stays in Ridgways pool!
Anyway it was so nice to cool off.
Fiona even got to meet our resident Aussie Mum with her new offspring....I took these photos the other evening. Mum Poss was being ever so patient as all good Mums are lol!


As always it seemed no time before Fiona's very kind chauffeur was back to collect her.....I had a very nice day....Thanks for coming xxx
Ok better start getting that binding sorted.
Hoping my fellow Aussies are finding ways to keep cool in this horrible heat and my thoughts and prayers go out to all the firefighters and residents in Tassie battling those horrendous fires and conditions down there. Stay safe.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

13 comments:

  1. Fiona did a gorgeous job of quilting again on your "Brinton Hall" quilt.....
    Lovely to have her visit and for Susan to also pop in..
    Nice pic of the swimmers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a lovely day - even if we didn't do much stitching! haha. Your Brinton Hall is such a lovely quilt..... I wonder how you are getting on with the binding.... Hot again today... say hi to mumma possum -
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stunning Michelle - beautiful quilting to enhance your lovely patchwork. Stay cool. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is just beautiful, Michelle. Fiona did a wonderful job quilting it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brinton Hall is just stunning Michelle & YES, Fiona has done a wonderful job of quilting it. Your wee poss residents are rather cute & look not at all fussed about humans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brinton Hall is stunning, Michelle.....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brinton Hall is So beautiful. Love the quilting Fiona did. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks gorgeous, and the quilting really enhances your work. JUst the binding and label to go and it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilting has certainly complimented the quilt and really makes it pop. It looks stunning. Cute possums.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is amazing. Fiona's quilting is outstanding.
    Love Mum and Bub Possum.
    Enjoy the weather...the pool may get a bit of a work out😁🤣

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is stunning and the quilting is beautiful. Looks like a lovely day with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiona has done a wonderful quilting your beautiful quilt, great to have a visit from Fiona and Susan, oohhhh you have mermaids in your pool 😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.