MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Progress

Firstly, thank you all for sharing your lovely thoughts on my previous post.....
Here's to the Art of Needle and Thread!
The troublesome Yoko block is looking better...3rd time lucky lol! Thank goodness!
And the bias for the stem applique up the side is all set to go.

The other block I have chosen for this month is almost done....I just have to work out how I am going to do the geometric shapes on the dark green.
I have made a few shortcuts. So this quilt will definitely be a 'version' hopefully celebrating the beautiful applique which first attracted me to this quilt.

It was a long weekend here last weekend in Australia to celebrate Australia Day. It definitely was a "sunburnt country" here abouts.  I got cracking sewing binding on Brinton Hall.
And then stitched it down under the aircon to beat the heat.
I used my last vintage doiley from my friend Gayes collection for my label.
Brinton Hall is now complete! And I love it!
Very happy stitcher  here.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

11 comments:

  1. HiMichelle well done with your Brinton Hall it looks fantastic and I love your yoko blocks,beautiful work myfriend,namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of uding the vintage doiley for the label. Me thinketh I may copy you with my Little Lucy quilt. Beautiful Yoko blocks and there is nothing wrong with changing things to suit ourselves especially when it makes things easier. Keep cool and keep stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. Great idea using doiley for label. Keep up the good work.😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on achieving a finish in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew pleased to hear all those wonderful comments were a soothing balm to your soul Michelle and what a great idea with the labels .... I must remember that

    ReplyDelete
  6. those blocks are so lovely... it will be worth all that work when it's all done... Brinton Hall is such a beauty... great feeling to have it done with its special label...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your finish, Michelle......love the label too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done :-)
    And I love the Yoko block,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks are lovely. Love your label for Brinton Hall. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are beautiful Michelle, good idea to tweak a little, makes your quilt, your own. Your Brinton Hall is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done finishing Brinton Hall. A wonderful achievement. And great work on the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.