MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Finally Back On The Air

Good morning! With no internet or landline for 6 days until today (good old NBN again) I got a bit of stitching and art done....not to mention my latest book read as well.
My machine and I got reacquainted with each other as I set to sewing my January Sunday Stitchers UFO challenge, my circles, together.
These were my 2018 Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks and I wanted to keep with the Challenge of only using my stash for the whole top....that WAS a challenge!
Anyway.....this is the result.
Not too bad....the trouble was it was not muddy enough to suit all my usual vintage type fabrics that is my preference.....but I got there in the end....binding is even ready.  Just need to speak sweetly to my lovely quilting faerie. So No. 10 is done!
3 Little Postcards are now complete.
And  No. 4 is on it's way....lots of fun remembering where and when.
Last but not least 54 brown pieces basted and ready for the next round of 1797 Revisted.
I have missed my blog reading but all the other instant gratification type media....ummm not so much as it happens!
It's been a bit warm of late also which means I have been spending a bit of time here.
Trying hard to work off those December goodies. It's one of the things I love about living where I live in Summer....also the perfume from my Frangapani outside my bedroom window....Devine!
Quite a while ago Alison from Sunday Stitchers shared her cut back of a red Frangapani with us. I got my piece later as I was away. I popped my piece in the garage as it was winter planning to plant it out when it was warmer. They keep for ages....truth is I completely forgot about it until I found it a couple of weeks ago.....I really didn't feel optimistic!
But...ta da! Leaves and lots of them.....Amazing!
So looking forward to seeing it bloom eventually!
Well that's it from me.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


18 comments:

  1. Sometimes these breaks from the internet come along & we get so much done Michelle. I have had my fair share of them last year & Yes, blog reading was the only thing I missed. Seems you have been productive anyway! Your frangipani looks stunning Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did miss you.... blogs are my favourite medium too but I do enjoy keeping up on the others too.... your circles are just lovely. I have asked the quilting faerie to add you to the list! WEll done with the postcards... I have finally started my first … great with the frangipani.... I do love them....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frangipani has such a heavenly scent! Perhaps you should lose internet occasionally if makes for so much sewing time......*grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life without phones, cellphones too....how did we do it? Good you got some sewing in. I can almost smell your frangipani from here. We have 3 Australian Frangipani here, the scent is the best in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be back online.....
    I see the quilting fairy has you on the list for the Circles .great !
    Lots of Browns ready for the next round.
    First postcard done, now ready for No2..
    Pool looks fantastic and how nice to have a Frangi under the bedroom window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops would you believe you are ready for Postcard No4.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you back. Those circles look amazing despite being a bit of a personal colour challenge for you. Ooo lots of lovely EPP prepared. Love your postcards they a ever so cute. The fragrance of frangapani wafting through the air would be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle so glad you are back my friend,i must admit i was getting worried,what a bummer to have it happen though. You sure have been busyh lots of beautiful work,love your dotty quilt and the postcards are looking great,well done my friend,Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects, love your circles...it is good to have a break from the world sometimes even if it is not your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being internetless certainly gives you more time! Your circles look great and I like your borders. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are all so dependant on the internet these days. Guess with it being off, you have to keep checking during the day in case it has magically appeared again? Love yourbeautiful tropical flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It can be nice to be disconnected from time to time! Great progress on your projects...I love your circles, and so good you were able to complete it from stash :-) Lovely stitching too - I love how you are personalising it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful to see you back, amazing what we get done when we dont have screens to look at isn't it!! Love the circles and the EPP pieces, great how you are making the postcards your own. I wish we could grow frangipani here, I have a desert rose that has been in a pot for 8 years, no flowers but I am hoping!! That cutting must have been waiting for you to plant it and now it is leaping into life 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your circle quilt. Nice to see your 1797 pieces & your postcard blocks. I'm glad your Frangipani sprouted. Love the red ones. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another NiCe visit today... & you must have a green thumb... xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been productive while disconnected. Frangipanis scream Aussie summer. We love seeing them when we visit the coast or warmer climates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got to love frangipanis. I'm sure the cut piece from Alison will cope with the neglect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done with your circle top. Maybe being cut off for a while can be a good thing. (As long as your mobile still worked!)
    Very impressed with the frangipani. And I did not know a cutting would last like that. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.