MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Wings and Pretty Things

After getting all the butterflies appliqued into the corners of Wings....
I cut out all the applique block backgrounds.
Chose fabrics for the first applique block...
With this block all set to go I started on the four little Dresden Plates for the corners of this row.....so cute! They will mirror the large Dresden Plate in the centre.
It's Big Sister!

Nice that this project is gradually coming together.

Lovely mail this week. A beautifully card of a painting of snowy owls and a very sweet addition to my collection of Beatrix Potter cards from the wonderful Sue in the UK....so spoilt! Thank you so very much Sue.....I love them!
Lastly I thought I would share this little Elf......a tree Elf with her teddy friend.....circa 1960's.....Grandies asked if that was an olden day "elf on the shelf" lol! It belonged to my MIL and she gave it to me early in our marriage.....so funny! Enjoy your evening.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle lovely post love your butterfies and wings project,its looking fantastic,well done my friend. Lol love your olden days elf on the shelf,lol out of the mouth of babes,enjoy your evening and Namaste and blessings to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like 'elf on a shelf', doesn't it! 'Wings' will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, lots going on here, I seem to have missed some of your posts, sorry.
    The Wings project looks so pretty :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks and your stitching, very intricate. Your elf is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wings is coming along beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wings is looking wonderful you are making great progress. It is lovely to have decorations with a family connection. Grandies always see things in a different light don't they 😆

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Wings and looking forward to the next round.... I am still smiling about the 'olden day Elf"
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful project you are working on..
    I love the "olden day" Elf and I also have one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work, kids are so funny. My son when he was 9 said that albums were those big black CD's. Its hard to believe that he is now 27. Have a great day, Guida. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wings is looking so beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Wings too, cant wait for the next round...must be lovely to have that little elf from the MIL...a gorgeous keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Look at all that beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is gorgeous as ever. The elf sure is a talking point.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful progress on your quilt. Sometimes it grows quicker than you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.