MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Sunday Stitchers Christmas Party

Last Sunday was our last meeting for the year and we had a great day....loads of fun and a delicious lunch. Everything looked lovely and festive.
Sandi out did her creative self with these wonderful Christmas frames for piccie taking...
We all had a go......my turn along with festive elves Marilyn and Alison.
Sandi also organised some games....one was gathering decos and trim and decorating a Christmas Tree, wrapping a ball all with a time limit....My partners in crime...
Noreen and Teresa....
Our poor wee tree was suffering from heavy star syndrome which gave us all a giggle! Our beautiful tree is the one under the hearts.
We also made a cute little Hot Chocolate ornie....
Really, really spoilt with lots of lovely gifts.
Our Secret Santa was a kind of a challenge. We each popped a favourite fat quarter in a brown paper bag, a wish list could be added and we each drew out a bag.
My lovely Secret Santa was Inca. On my wish list was a 12 inch mini quilt for my bedroom little hanger......I love what Inca made.
It looks so nice on its hanger...
I was making for Cheryl and to say that I was alarmed when I saw her fat quarter is an understatement lol! No wish list and fabric right out of my comfort zone arrrghh!
The fabric....
I decided on a wall hanging and some applique to calm my nerves. I chose a selection of black and white print as the background to highlight the main fabric.

The remainder I used for a border. Thankfully Cheryl was very happy....phew!
Amongst all the excitement we had 2 birthday girls, Noela and Helen.
We finished off with lovely warm Pud and custard....thank you Susan.
Thanks to Alison for all her hard work and Sandi for her creative generosity and Inca for my lovely gift and all the girls for a great year.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xx

12 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a wonderful time - thank you for sharing it with us!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you all had, lots of fun, food, and great friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great fun day, from the sound of it! You did well with that fabric even if it wasn't your taste.....I love it, it's very art nouveau with its curves and scrolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle what a fun day ,your xmas tree cracked me up,lol. I love what you made for Cheryl and the mini Inca made for you is gorgeous,these xmas breakups are so much fun,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks such a great day... lots of fun and great pressies...
    HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you all had a fun day
    Love the hanging made with fabric out of your comfort zone Imagine what you could have done with fabric in your comfort zone Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful time, great games and beautiful gifts..the hanger you made is amazing, great use of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a great time. Good company, good food and Secret Santa's - what's not to like. I love both your mini quilts, very different but both stunning. Have a great Christmas and happy 2019, take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a fun time with your Sunday Stitchers....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely group you are. Oh how I adore the fabric that came your way and you did such an amazing job with it too - beautiful, of course Cheryl was happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a wonderful Christmas break up. Everything was gorgeous. Your lucky niece the quilt looks amazing. Congrats to Lucas with the best Christmas present of all. Merry Christmas and may 2019 bring good health happiness and love. Hopefully with many catch ups my Friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This all looks wonderful. What a fun group you have.
    I think you met the challenge extremely well - that was a great way to use the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.