MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, December 14, 2018

Bee Happy

I admire bees. They are so hard working and clever and if it weren't for these amazing creatures approximately one-third of all the food we eat would disappear from lack of pollination. Not to mention the delicious honey they make.
Of which I am a huge fan.....
This being said....I was DELIGHTED to discover that one of my fellow artist friends Lesley has her very own hives and has honey straight from those hives for sale.
It is so delicious! I think I may have to watch my friend there! It is just wonderful having access to pure honey.....NOT altered imported rubbish but beautiful honey gathered from blossoms in Australia. If you would like to buy some also I have a phone no. for Lesley.....she lives close to the Gold Coast but you can discuss details if you ring. Lesley also sells beeswax candles and beeswax wraps which are wonderful alternatives to clingwrap.....
HONEY....Phone....0437839262 Support local Australian Honey!

I love bees even on fabric and couldn't resist this French General one when I saw it. So I have fussy cut it and I am using little bees hexies in my 1797 Revisted quilt.
These will be to include in the next row.
I have slowly worked away at my blue row and it is now complete.
The next row will be cream/brown as I want the one after that to be browns.
As you can see I am slowly prepping for that next row.

It is certainly a nice time of year when your post includes things other than the window variety lol!
My dear friend Sue send me a lovely Christmas gift.....a neat tote bag featuring a Palm Cockatoo and two beautiful Artist cards for my collection.
A close up of the cards....artwork by amazing pen and ink artist Nathan Ferlazzo!
The detail is incredible! Ohhh love them so. Thank you so much Sue.....AND it supports BIRDLIFE AUSTRALIA bonus!
Enjoy your weekend lovely people.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx


12 comments:

  1. Yep our bees are so important and sadly dying off due to the use of pesticides and other harmful chemicals. True pure honey is so delicious. My dad has just given me a small jar from his own hives but he has not been able to extract much at all for a while now. What a lovely gift. May your Christmas be filled with love and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted that we have people with hives close by and sell it on our market days..
    Lovely bee fabrics for the elongated hexies.
    Beautiful gifts..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing nicer than fresh honey....
    You are making good progress with the 1797 project. Lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - the world needs more bees, for sure! Your bee fabric is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that honey sounds delish, wish I was closer. Love your hexies, beautiful work and those cards are stunning, like you say, very detailed, they would look great embroidered. Happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your honey container, we have one silimar but with a flower on the lid, and bee on the honey spoon, belonged to hubbys grandparents and came from Germany I understand. Your 1797 is looking wonderful, love the fussy cut bees. Very happy you like the cards, the detail on them is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes lovely to get fresh honey. Nice to see some stitching being done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree proper honey is lovely and I get from markets. Lovely sewing... the next row will be lovely with the bees.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to have access to real honey. It is also great to help out locals.
    Love the bees on the fabric. They will be a fun row in your project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle oh i love your bee container i love bees i still remember the beautiful bee gift that you gave Fiona,such a pretty gift for her birthday ,you had done the beautiful embroidered bee on it,just stunning. I always buy my honey from the health food store its the only place that i know of here that sells natural aussie honey. Love how you have fussy cut those bees for your project,well done,Namaste and Blessing my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rescued a bee yesterday. Gotta luv those little fellas...
    Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt so far, next year I hope to take a lesson in EPP, its on my bucket list. Nothing better than honey on toast with butter. Your pressies are lovely and the cards are just fabulous. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.