MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

RSC for March was the colour RED. Being a lover of gorgeous red I had quite a few choices.  So the 4 patch is done and this month it was a butterfly applique.
And then there were 3!
Today I ventured down to my friend Gayes for stitching group. We were a small group but had a very nice time just the same....delicious fare and lots of chat. I did sew.....lots of little hexies. I am still adding to my version of my Splendid Sampler quilt. I am making the hexies out of all those leftovers in my French General fabric scraps. While we were there.....
We had a couple of little Magpie visitors, 2 adults and 1 juvenile......who sqwarked the whole time lol! It seems parents of all varieties have whingey kids!
They are amongst my favourite Aussies, so I was thrilled with the visit and they weren't afraid of us at all! I suspect that they get tidbits from humans. It's always lovely when nature decides to interact with you......even for a few moments.
We have had some very heavy showers here.....yes!
Ahhh! Comfortable sleep tonight!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Lucky you.......our skies clouded over, but only a few miserable mls fell! Young magpies are great whingers, aren't they? Your colour blocks will make a lovely rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to see some rain, and so soothing at night! What cute maggies there, and we have a baby lorikeet here which visits with Mum and Dad, and it is the whingiest kid ever, so funny. You hexies are looking so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scrappy Rainbow blocks look great as do your wee hexies. Look forward to seeing how your finish the SS Blocks..
    Have a nice sleep with the rain on the roof..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, the rain has avoided Ipswich, apart from a couple of showers. The cooler days are welcome though. I have a fair bit of bird life around my place,there's a large gum tree not far away which regularly hosts a big flock of cockatoos...very noisy when they all leave at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such confident birds, coming so close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your RSC blocks are looking good together. Interesting thst you welcome the magpies! They are not so popular here, far too many of them really. I am always intrigued though by the 'One for sorrow, One for joy' poem though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning my lovely friend ,love those blocks the butterfly one is so cute.
    We have a family of Magpies that come every year ,they are very territorial,lol,hope you have a wonderful day ,Namaste Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blocks. Not much rain in Ipswich but the little we have has been good for my grass & garden. I had a magpie sitting on my stair railing the other morning. Another few steps & he would've been inside .:). Never had one that close before. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blocks taking shape there.... the maggies and other birds with their whining babies always make me laugh.... Happy Hexie sewing.... and yes, we have had some rain too.... wonderful
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your butterfly blocks . Hexies soothe my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your buttefly blocks are lovely! Great work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are so pretty. We have had rain here too, which is wonderful. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your blocks especially the butterfly, could it be the colour red :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are sweet , love the butterfly. Yummy hexies too 😊 Enjoy your rain 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Aussie magpies as well. Quite different from the ones we have here. Your blocks are looking great and the hexies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your flutterbys. Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh...I like the look of those hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the rainbow scrap challenge blocks, cute bird and butterfly. One of our neighbours years ago had a magpie family who came and tapped on the kitchen window each day to be fed. The young ones sure are nosiy though!! Your hexies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.