MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

More Lovely Mail


Good morning  on this gorgeous day...
My poor overworked postie delivered to me a birthday gift held back because of my time away from sweet, sweet Wendy from Sugarlane Quilts....

Beautiful  fabrics with sweet birdies and pretty blooms, gorgeous vintage buttons and ceramic ones, tape measure and a beautiful pendant watch.....oh my how spoilt I am. Thank you dear Wendy you made my day xxx
More Art...2 of the other projects I did on hols.
Our beloved Mum Poss and her baby...

Because she was photographed in our garage I had to look for a nice tree to position her in...this one was on the river bank and was perfect.
The other is 2 gossiping Willy Wagtails which a friend at art gifted me some reference photos of.  I put them together for a chat on a paddock post. The post belongs to another friend Cathie who allowed me a few snapshots.

  Back to art yesterday and I started 2 new drawings...an Aussie favourite of mine...Tassie Devil and a Petunia thieving Cockatoo (thanks Trish).
I just have to research the devils den to complete the prelim drawing. I have been asked lots of times if I  trace from the photos and the answer is no! All are drawn freehand using the end of my pencil as a measure for distances.

Such great fun! Stitching wise I am  quilting the last border on my Dresdens quilt.  I hope to finish it off tonight.
I wish you  a  beautiful day.
Namaste and Blessings
Michelle  xxx

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawings Michelle. Love Mrs Possum & her baby. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely drawings and such a nice pressie to get to you now...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely drawings and such a nice pressie to get to you now...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art work is truly amazing. Talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pictures......we can hear willy wagtails right now! What a lovely birthday gift, such a lovely surprise on coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! You are soooo clever with your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always such a joy to see your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your drawings and looking forward to seeing the Tassie Devil when it is finished. I would love to see some for real in our paddocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful drawing Michelle...nice gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky lady and busy postman! Great pictures too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovley gifties from wendy.
    your drawings look amazing! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely artwork Michelle one thing I find hard to do regards lyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure that your postie loves delivering gifts, better than bills any day. Lovely drawings Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michelle,lovely gifts you have received from Wendy,love your drawings ,you have such a talent there,so good to see you having fun with your drawings,hope you have a lovely weekend my friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet gifts from Wendy. You are so talented my dear your drawings are beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. What sweet gifts from Wendy. You are so talented my dear your drawings are beautiful.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. your drawings are just so beautiful Michelle...especially love the two willy wagtails!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.