MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

An Extra Long Weekend

 Here in Australia we had an extra long weekend to celebrate Australia Day.  Aussie morning tea was the go.....lamingtons and our Aussie mugs.

It was the perfect time for some slow, quiet, reflective walks in the bush.....giving thanks for the land  where I live. 
And some concentration time to finish drawing up and personalising my Roadtrip Postcards.  Now I have it in my sights to get it finished.
That done I got back to the job of stitching them.......3 more to add to the pile!
There have been some pops  of colour in the 'garden of neglect' of late.
I am so thrilled to have gone from 2 flowers to a whole bract of flowers on my white Plumeria.....this is a special plant that links some lovely friends and I together. 
Close by several Croton bushes are showing off their summer colour and incredible markings.....I wish you could see how vibrant the orange really is! Almost fluorescent! 

They are often overlooked believe it or not and taken for granted but when you really take notice they are really quite extraordinary!  I love them!
Not really a pop of colour but pleasing just the same.....our lighting struck grevillea is still putting out new growth! 

And last but not least....these little orchids brighten up a dull spot.

I hope you are finding some joy in your week, wherever you are.
Big shout out to all the wonderful teachers heading back to the classroom today....you are all awesome!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 







17 comments:

  1. Lots of loveliness in your garden. Love the white Plumeria, so pretty. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty postcards...hubs and I love the Blue Mountains. Lots of lovely colour in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers. Love the postcards.
    Enjoy our lovely surrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is beautiful, Michelle! Lamingtons are a 'must have' on Australia Day, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so Plumeria is the name of that white flower. I have seen them around and like them, and now I know. Your purple orchids are beautiful, so pretty in the Summer. Glad you had lamingtons for Australia Day - it should be compulsory :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers in your garden and pleased you have new growth on the Grevilla...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to see pictures from your garden, so different from what we grow,

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great that you have three of those postcards stitched and beautiful colour in your garden. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Australia Day! How did you know I love chocolate lammingtons?

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely way to spend the weekend adn enjoying your enviroment.... lovely orchids, that colour is glorious.... and doing well with gettign your cards stitched up...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty postcard project, they look nice. Your flowers in the garden are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see the progress and organisation going on with your postcard blocks.
    And some lovely happenings in your garden, too.
    It is exciting to see the children being able to return to school to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy seeing your garden with so many plants that we can’t grow down here. I love how you are personalising your post cards. It will be a wonderful trip down memory lane when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a little late visiting but Happy Aussie Day... & ALL your projects are wonderful. Love the postcards too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooppsss.. I meant all your PIC's are wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your prepared postcards to stitch. Didn't realise there were so many. Lovely plant pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A treat to read your post, Michelle. Especially wonderful to see your outdoor flourishing things as we survey a field of white. Loved them all esp. pops of pink on the Croton which is new to me. So nice to think of you happily sketching and then stitching. All wonderful,dear. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.