MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Happy New Year

 Hello lovely people. Happy 2021! I hope all is well with you as we move into this brand new year which seems to me to  be a lot like the one we have just left behind.......of course we know that it is going to take a lot more than the clock ticking over to remedy the world's issues.....but the thing that was evident to me last year was how when the bottle was shaken....the cream once again rose to the top.....people full of hope, kindness and dedication stepped up to take care of us, help us and inspire us all......

I feel so grateful that I live where I live, that family time has been possible and that I have interests that have kept my mind and hands busy being creative and away from all the doom and gloom that threatens to overwhelm you if allowed.

I have had a restorative and relaxing time of late....a limit on social media has helped plus lots of reading with a nice hot cuppa and a bit of stitching as well.

One project that I was determined NOT to take too far into 2021 with me is my project 1797 REVISTED.  It has been languishing on my spare bed for so long. All because I was unsure how to hand attach borders to it! Sounds silly but true! 

Anyway I was determined and just dove in.....appliqued the pieces to the borders and attempted a kind of mitred seam in the corners......arrrrrgh! Not my best work! 
It took me ages and folks it's as good as I can make it!

I am glad it's now done.....I did worry it was going to be a permanent UFO....which would have been a waste of all my lovely French General fabric I used throughout! 
Happy dance! No more " Revisiting" 1797! 
I also have four little Heartstrings stitcheries to add to my pile....
Keeping me company while I read or stitched has been  our little staffy granddog......he is so cute! But he misses his family so much he gets the sad face for days ! Gotta love doggies ! 
Yesterday my Mister and I went to see the Australian film The Dry. I have been hanging out to see it ever since it was announced! 
Often when you have read the book the movie is a let down.....
But I loved the book and I LOVED  the movie......loved all that Aussie creative talent! 
And I am looking forward to reading Jane Harper's latest book "The Survivors"  gifted to me for Christmas. I have read all Jane's books apart from this one now....love how she writes about Australia! 
This year I am going to try very hard to find things to love rather than moan about!
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 





16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish of 1797!! Well done, the corners look wonderful. Your grand dog sure has a sad face!! Good to hear the movie is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the corners on 1797 look great, well done on the finish.
    Cute stitcheries.
    Poor doggie does look sad but I’m sure you spoil him.
    Good quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a good start to the year stitching wise. I’m glad you enjoyed “The Dry”. We thoroughly enjoyed the book, so look forward to seeing the movie at some stage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pleased you have had a relaxing and refreshing start to this year.
    Lovely to see your Revisited quilt looking so wonderful. You have so much patience with your hand stitching.
    We also say The Dry last night and I loved it, too. It stayed with the original story line from the book really well. I also have her latest book but wanted to see this film first before I jumped in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd not heard of Jane Harper - must have a look at some of her books. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That border looks just fine to me, Michelle! I have seen ads for the movie, but would rather read the book......which I haven't done, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1797 looks great with its border and I see nothing wrong with your mitre - once quilted it will not show up anyway. Mine is still here waiting for a trip to UK. I have decided to try and find a long arm quilter near where we visit as the way I want it quilted is beyond my abilities! Lovely little Heartstrings stitcheries. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt. You are getting a lot of projects finished...well done they are all beautiful. Must go and see the film...sounds great. Grandpuppy does look sad but I'm sure he's being very spoilt.
    Have a great 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been in the same positon - holding off on a long term problem only to find that it is best thing to do - jump right in and just do it. Awwwwwwhhh that is such a sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely post Michelle - Happy New Year to you too! I love what you have written in your first paragraphs & rings so very true for me too! Your 1797 looks mighty stunning to me ... I think we are often critical of our own work so much. Thanks for the recommendation of the book & the movie - it looks a goodie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your 1797 projects looks great with the border, now to hand quilt it I guess?
    I was at the movies the other day to see Blithe Spirit and saw the shorts to The Dry, looks like a great Aussie film so I'll have to go back and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your 1797 .... FG fabrics are lovely.... and the border is perfect.... all the EPP is crazy.... movie on the list for an outing thank you. Sweet stitcheries.... and glad to see the quotes book is useful.... xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle love your quilt love French general. Oh thanks for the thumbs up with the movie Michelle,must go and see it,Namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done with 1797 Michelle. I can see why you hesitated, they are tricky little corners. But as always, you have done a super job and finished a very beautiful quilt. I have been wondering about seeing The Dry - thought it might be a horror movie, and I don't like them :) Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice border work Michelle and your stitchery blocks are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear a big sigh of relief I think...well done.
    Cute embroidery designs too.
    I've read the book & have heard great things about the movie too. I also have her latest book all ready to start... xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.