MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, January 9, 2021

First FNWF for 2021

 

Well here where I live we are in lockdown for 3 days....no leaving home except for essentials and exercise. I feel so blessed that I have a large patch of nature to walk in to lift the spirits. 

After my morning walk I settled in to a little machine sewing. I had a little pile of hearts needing sewing together. 

I now  have the width of the quilt sorted......
And a few leftovers for next time!
I also did a little tweaking on my 2020 Basket Case quilt. I decided that if I could I would add a border to match the inside border to it after all.
It looks more finished I think. I found a chocolate brown in the bottomless fabric drawers that will do nicely for the binding.
Much more satisfied with it now! When the cooler weather comes I am planning on hand quilting it. 
So when the evening rolled around I went back to my little Heartstrings stitcheries. 
I finished the cute little caravan and completed another ........
I stitched these whilst watching a Scandinavian crime show called The Bridge with subtitles.......talk about patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time lol!
I hope you enjoyed your evening too.
Thanks so much Cheryll for rounding us all up for the 2021 version.
Well no guesses where I shall be this weekend.....
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 







18 comments:

  1. Love your hearts & baskets. The stitcheries are cute. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty hearts and such a cute caravan. I know what that lock down feels like. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "hearts" quilt will be gorgeous once completed Michelle. LoVe it...
    Thanks for stopping in for FNwF too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hearts are growing well. Looks like it will be a good sized quilt.
    And the extra border does look good on the baskets.
    Great to see your stitcheries on the go, too.
    Take care and hope the lock down works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an English version of The Bridge. I enjoyed them both a long time ago. Love your hearts and beautiful stitcheries. 3 days lockdown is better than 8 months lol. Hope everything gets under control soon. 3 days is easy so see it as time out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, here we go again with the lockdown. Fingers and toes crossed it successfully stops the virus in its tracks. Meanwhile, I need a new little stitching project and have loved your Heartstrings project. I tried to buy it, but alas, they are out of stock :) The cafe and caravan are just adorable. Your hearts are looking so lovely too - happy stitching on a cool, wet weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’ve been working on a nice little bit if this and that. At least you have plenty to keep you occupied during the lock down. That’s a very nice area you have to walk in. Let’s hope you can get out and about soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Michelle, lots of stitching, and so beautiful. Good thing to do, sew, during lock downs. Same here, we can't go anywhere, besides grocery shopping and doctor appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hearts but really & truly LOVE the baskets. Sorry about such strict restrictions. Who comes up with 3 days? We've got heavy restrictions here too in Illinois, USA, so I feel your pain. Been like this since mid-November but possible slight relief next week. We'll see. Thank goodness for sewing & quilty friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hearts look lovely and I like the baskets with their extra border. 3 days! Will that do any good - sounds odd to me. Anyway, I am glad for you that it is not 3 weeks lol. Gorgeous little stitcheries - I cant sew and read subtitles! Enjoyed The Bridge when I saw it a few years back now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these lockdowns imposed at very short notice, throwing plans into disarray.....it's like moving the goal posts part way through the game, isn't it? It would be very dull indeed with no sewing, painting and reading to do! Yes indeed, baskets look much better with that outer border and I love the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your hearts look wonderful and the little border for your baskets is perfect...lovely stitching too... so glad you have things to keep your busy whilst you cant' go out partying!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I feel so lazy after seeing all your beautiful work. Lucy Boston is still keeping me occupied...think I maybe half way....hehe. keep up the good work and enjoy those beautiful walks and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are in lockdown again as well, ours will last for longer as the hospitals are struggling.
    Lots of applique hearts and baskets, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your hearts projects, it is going to be so pretty :-)
    In lockdown here again too, more difficult in the winter...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your hearts and baskets are both beautiful Michelle, so good you have somewhere to walk and can get out doors with the lockdown. I enjoyed that Bridge programme too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to say your stitcheries are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.