MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Old and The New

 Hello out there. Life has been keeping me from getting to my blog of late but finally here I am. 

In the "old" department I have been chipping away at my Postcards and have 2 more completed and as you can see the pile is slowly  growing! I have been trying to get at least a few stitches in every day. I have a friend who needs to keep on task with a project also so we have made a pact for our sewing days.


Making me feel really OLD is this chap....
Who now looks like this!
I now have a teenage Grandson!

That seemed to have happened very quickly lol!
The "new".....
I am having a little SAL with my friend Fiona and my DIL who is learning to stitch.
When we all have our patterns we will be sewing this.....
Lots of needleturn, stitchery and some piecing.......love it! Fabrics next!
The other "new" is a challenge on Instagram called #52tagchallenge by a lady called Anne Brooks.  The idea is you make a little piece of textile from a prompt Anne gives you each week.....interpretate your way and attach it to a tag!
I thought it was perfect to use up lots of bits of lace and little treasures and another use for my die cutter. I had ordered a tag die before I came across this! And I love the freedom of stitching what I feel like.
Here are my first 6 tags....
1. WHITE
2. HEART
3. SCRAPPY
4. FLY STITCH

5. KISSES (mine are butterfly kisses)
6. A BEVY OF BUTTONS
Anne suggests that you put a little saying or some thoughts on the back if you like.....so I have enjoyed that part of the process as well!
It's nice to have a reason to play with all this!
I may even do a stitch book that Anne mentions. My own version.....use up some of those small bits of wadding I can't seem to throw away! I love embroidery but it seems to have faded into the background. Hopefully these projects will keep my skills up.
I  hope you are all well and having a good week.
Take care.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 















21 comments:

  1. Its always so nice to see your lovely projects. Must tell you, we have been to Mossman Gorge and across on the ferry too, an exciting part of one of our Aussie trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags look beautiful Michelle - I have a few friends doing that tag a long on Instagram & had thought about it myself but am a little snowed under with orders at present. I love your postcard blocks - just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - they certainly shoot up, don't they! Love your tags, what a creative idea......something to get ideas flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure getting a huge pile of postcard blocks, soon you’ll be putting them into a quilt...
    Lovely new projects you have to work on...
    Time sure flys my eldest GS turned 30. Eeekkkk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tag challenge looks very interesting. Happy birthday to the birthday boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lachie is growing so fast... he is a handsome young man.... love your tags, you are great with your imagination.... I am so looking forward to sewing with you again.... woohoo... and your postcards are beautiful too.... so much going on...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tags are the nicest I have seen Michelle - this does seem like a very popular project. Good to see your postcard pile growing and your new quilt project looks like it is going to be fun. Amazing cake! Congratulations to the new teenager. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww a teenager wow. Aren't Grandkids the best. Love your postcards..you have lots done. Keep up your beautiful work thanks for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. How special to join in on your grandson’s birthday. Your tags are cute and it is good to see your postcards progressing. Have fun with your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like younare having fun with the tags, they look beautiful. Lovely ot see your postcard pile growing, some of the place names bring back good memories for me. Enjoy your new SAL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Michelle your tags are gorgeous. Love that idea. Congrats to GS on turning into a teenager.
    EnJoY your SAL & your postcard pile is growing nicely too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Michelle, your tags look very pretty. Nice to see your postcards grow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! A teenage grandson! You look so proud. Love your postcards and those tags are so pretty. Lots of beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your gandson. Very exciting to become a teenager.
    The tags look lovely. I think they will be a lot of fun to design and make.
    Greatbto see the postcards being worked on.
    Have fun with you SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing how quickly they grow up, isn't it. The birthday boy certainly looks happy! I love your little tags - a fun and inspiring challenge, and your postcard blocks are lovely too. Anni's quilt will make a beautiful SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love how you have personalised your postcards.
    gorgeous little tags, great idea.
    Your new sal project looks lovely, can't wait to follow you and Fiona on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Certainly keeping busy with the Anni pattern and tags and postcard and . . .never a dull momnet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful post, Michelle. My older grandson is 16 now and I look at him and think who are you and what have you done with that little boy...I just can't get over him being so grown up...learning to drive!!
    I love that Anni pattern and will enjoy watching your progress. These little tags are so creative; I bet that is so enjoyable for you. I know it would be for me. Happy Creating!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your postcards. So many beautiful treasures, gorgeous. Handsome grandson belated birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.