MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, December 5, 2020

DECEMBER FNWF

 

Here we are at our last Friday Night With Friends blogging stitch in for the year. Thanks to the very lovely  CHERYLL from GONE STITCHIN for gathering us together from all over to share our stitching and crafting efforts throughout this crazy year xx

The first thing on my list was to make two little tea books for gifts for friends who need to bring their own brew when we get together.....I will put them with some shortbread and a little bit of Christmas cake.


My mind wanted something relaxing so out came the hexies...
3 flowers got finished.

So they have joined the other hexies I have been stitching!

At present I have a beehive and flowers....no plan yet how this will all come together but it's fun just making bits and bobs for now. 
I think a few more may get made today as it's hot and humid.....and a swim and air con are my plans. I really had to make myself walk this morning  but my treat of a meander through the quiet bush made the effort worth while.
You may remember that a Grevillea in our garden was struck by lightning in a wild storm we had a while ago. The Mister tidied up the stump that the SES had made safe for us and we decided to leave a good portion hoping against hope that it may reshoot but really not feeling that confident......well lookee here!

I am really excited to see all may not be lost after all.
Well that's all from me. I  wish you a lovely weekend and hope some Christmas spirit is making its way into your place.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 





25 comments:

  1. The teabag holders are lovey, love the kitty print one. :). Love the hexies. How wonderful the stump is reshooting. Nature is a wonderful thing. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty and practical gift idea for tea drinkers. Nature is amazing at how it bounces back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartstrings is so pretty. Great gifts to make. Love your hexies too. Such relaxing stitching. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tea bag holder. The Hexies are looking great. So pleased to see the tree shooting..is nature beautiful. Hope you're keeping cool. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your festive header Michelle.
    The teabag holders are a great gift..
    Some pretty hexie flowers and it will be fun to see what you do with them and the bee hive.
    Great to see your new growth on the Grevillea..

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you consider how plants regrow after fire, it's no wonder your Grevillea has sprouted again! Those are tiny little hexie flowers, aren't they? Just right for a beehive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two nice gifts there Michelle and pretty flowers and beehive. So pleased that your tree is showing signs of life, it is always sad to lose a tree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle felicidades!! que alegría tan grande ver que tu árbol brota, tus regalos bonitos y prácticos, me encantan tus hexágonos y tu colección de Noel
    Cuídate
    Cuidate

    ReplyDelete
  9. always lovely to sew with you on Friday nights.... lovely idea with the tea bag holders and glad the grevillea is sprouting... keep cool with your gorgeous hexagons.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good to see the tree stump shooting. The tea bag holders are lovely, your hexies look wonderful too, love the bee hive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your beehive looks amazing! I love your fussy cut hexie flowers. Looking forward to seeing how you decide to put it all together. The tea bag holders are great. I used to make some years ago and forgot all about them,I used them a lot when I actually had some sewing groups to go to. Beautiful projects as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your beehive looks great, as do those fussy cut flowers - it will be interesting to see where this project takes you! How exciting that the Grevillea has new shoots! Your heartstrings quilt is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hexies are coming along nicely.
    Swim? I am trying to keep my hands warm here!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Arrhhh Christmas is happening...
    Love the "gifts" too & the decorating.
    Good to see the tree budding as well.
    Thanks for always being here for FNwF too.
    Merry Christmas Michelle...xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with everything here today Michelle - those teabag gifts are such a wonderful idea. I absolutely ADORE your beehive & your snowman in the last pic is always one of my absolute faves. Have a great week Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh & p.s - forgot to add that I adore your header too. Such a beautiful card - your artwork is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of pretty sewing Michelle. I have just got my Christmas ABC quilt out and put it on the back of the couch, hand stitched with your lovely designs, of course. I'm very fond of it, and enjoyed stitching each block.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful little flowers!
    how great that the treee is sprouting....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely stitching for Friday night.
    And how lovely to see the tree shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I truly love your fussy-cut hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some lovely things there as usual Love your work

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thankyou for the card and my Blogging tree will look extra special this year Not sure that I will be doing cards this year Hopefully I wiil be up to it soon So if not I wish you and Garry all the best xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.