MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, December 10, 2020

A Little Bit of Christmas

 I am enjoying reacquainting myself with my Christmas treasures. If you suffer from Grinchitis, you can pop back another day..........One of my favourites would have to be the "handmade friends" tree. To think about a friend and stitch a little Christmas spirit through a decoration or a handmade card is no small thing....and I treasure each one.


I decided some of my Frosties deserved an outing this year.....seems ridiculous in our hot Summer Christmas but I have to say I adore a cute snowman!

Love the Family wall hanging too.....especially when the Grandies check that there names are still there each year......lol!
It wouldn't be Christmas without my Holly Cottage Christmas quilt....made with love by dear friends when I was heart sore over the loss of the orginal.....I still look at it in wonder!
And Christmas cushions stitched by friends......

And cute Gingerbread chefs.....

Beloved treasures on our Christmas Tree.
Our first ever Christmas decoration....
All gifts from lovely folks.....


Santas elves have been busy and bought me lovely Christmasy mail too.....
A gorgeous ornament from my friend Shez......you know where that is now hanging!

And a lovely vintage inspired handmade card from my Sister in Law.....
Special!

So here's to the homemade, the handmade and the heartfelt gifts that bring love and friendship to mind this time of year.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 










20 comments:

  1. Your house is looking very festive. We also have some "original" decorations and still put them on the tree each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking at your Christmas decorations Michelle - such a beautiful collection especially those handmade ornaments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks so lovely. Your decorations ate gorgeous. Enjoy the season. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cheerful and fun decorating, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many gorgeous treasures decorating your home 🏡.
    Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle me fascina tu decoración, precioso tesoros que conservas con amor. me encanta tu colección de muñecos de nieve.
    Cuídate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house looks very festive. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it nice to get the Christmas crates out at this time if year to see our treasures. Sometimes we forget just how many lovely things are packed away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas decorating is always wonderful!
    I treasure my home made ornaments too, your sentiments are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house is looking lovely and so fun to see.... thank yoiu for the tour...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such wonderful memories Michelle.
    Thanks for sharing it with us all...
    Merry Christmas xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post Michelle ful, of happy memories and special treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh everything looks SO beautiful Michelle but I think my absolute favourite would have to be your handmade friends tree - stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection of decorations. The memories of the family and friends adds so much to them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful collection of decorations displayed around your home. I agree that handmade decos from friends are most cherished. Your grandchildren must adore all the decos when they come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is wonderful to see your beautiful Christmas decor Michelle, especially the Holly Cottage quilt. We might have had a weird year, but thankfully, we are all getting into the Christmas spirit, and it is so cheering. I love that you still have a row of bird houses - me too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy and your decorations look lovely. Keep having fun with your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Michelle,
    your Christmas decorations are so beautiful and precious.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home must look absolutely fabulous at Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.