MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, December 18, 2020

Lovely Christmas Mail

 The weather has been a bit erk of late.....alternating between longed for downpours of rain that has sadly caused lots of flooding elsewhere and horrible humid heat.  My least favourite type of weather! But the upside has been playing with my pencils or stitching.

I spied an art reference photo by Gillian  Merritt of  a sweet English robin in holly that Gillian had generously shared for artists.....I loved it immediately and so set about drawing it to include in my Christmas decorating. 


I popped it into a frame I found.......
I think he may just become a favourite! 
Stitching has been working away on the Heartstrings stitcheries....there are 24!
I have managed 9 so far.....
My Postie has been a busy lady of late with some lovely cheery mail being delivered.
A beautiful card from my dear friend Ann who is a card marking wizard!

The sweetest Christmas tree coaster from Maria....so beautiful! 

I think it may have to have a ribbon and go on the tree....it is too lovely to have anything slopped on it....especially by the Grinch who lives here lol!
My little EPP heart did a little flip flop when I opened Cheryl's gorgoeus star.....love it! 

And just for a bit of fun I can always rely on my Grinchy friend up the mountain, Fiona.....makes me giggle each time I see it and the card!

Love this wonderful wombat card (wombats are beautiful) and cute ornie from friend Sue....she knows me well!

Now in with the Grinch ornie was the most ungrinchy item......my dear friend Fiona gifted me the most gorgeous book.....some of you may have seen the author's quotes and art on FB......I have loved them whenever I saw them......how did she know?
Fiona also stitched a beautiful bookmark especially for it!
What a wonderful surprise this was....the kind that made my eyes leak.....THANK YOU!
I shall always treasure it!
SPOILT! 
Well I must get some threads sorted for tonight's last FNSI for 2020 with Wendy. A trip to get more may be required.....*sigh

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 



11 comments:

  1. Oh how spoilt but well deserved.
    Your Robin is perfect. The frame just sets it off. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and that 2021 brings much happiness. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having some of your 'erk' weather too, Michelle! Love your robin it looks so sweet in its frame - and aren't you lucky to have such wonderful friends! Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely little robin - we have lots feeding here at the moment, just perfect for Christmas. Lovely gifts - especially from Fiona, she knows you too well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so nice to get special mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The robin is gorgeous.... gotta love a little fat red robin! I do love getting our ornies...what a wonderful blog tradition.... glad you love your book....xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful gifts from the heart Michelle - love them all!! I adore your Robin & wish we had those birds in New Zealand as I just especially love them & am sewing a piece of Liberty print that has Robins on it at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have so many friends, beautiful gifts and your drawing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Christmas Robin and some sweet stitcheries there too.
    Lots of lovely ornaments for all your blogging friends..
    Perfect book form your dear friend Fiona...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gifts and your little robin is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful ornaments to add to your crafty tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.