MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, June 8, 2020

The End Is In Sight

Happy Monday everyone. I am very late with my post for FNWF. Thank you CHERYLL from GONE STITCHIN for gathering us together once again.
No guesses what I worked on.....yep....quilting!
Last block......
And I am now on the last corner of the border! What a long haul! I have done a very simple geometric pattern on the border.....hope nobody ever gets the ruler out lol! I think in the overall effect it looks ok! That's my story anyway.
Hopefully next post I will have a completed quilt to show you.
Like all families we seem to have clusters of birthday celebrations. This time it was the turn of our youngest Grandson.....double figures is quite the milestone!
It was lovely to be there to help him  celebrate.  We did try and social distance the best we could. There was cake and intense games of PlayStation with Father and Grandfather!
The time seems to have flown and he is so grown up now....
That seemed like yesterday...but that's their job to grow up!
There are some real pops of colour in my garden from the Bouganvillea at the moment......so pretty and cheerful......

Until next time stay well.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

13 comments:

  1. well done with the marathon quilting... it looks lovely and I know it will feel just gorgeous too..... Cooper is lookign so grown up... don't they change suddenly from baby face to handsome! My bouganvillea is lovely too... I think we need to get more they do give such a lovely bit of brightness...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on that quilting, for sure! Double figures......they grow up before you can turn around twice, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great achievement with the quilting. It is nice to be able to help celebrate a birthday in person again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The border quilting looks great - a nice way to edge things. I am looking forward to the big reveal. Glad you were able to celebrate with your grandson - he looks very grown up in that hat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful cherished pic of you with your grandson. Thank goodness you could celebrate together. Beautiful quilting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done getting to the end of the quilting. It always feels like a marathon but very satisfying.
    Great to be able to enjoy the birthdays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet you'er pleased to have all the quilting finally done. Be lovely to see it all finished..
    Time just flies and the gradies grow so fast. Nice to have helped him celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing quilting Michelle. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on the quiltiung - a perfect time of year for it!
    Our little grandbaby has just turned from a baby to a child and I know how fast that time went - so double figures is a big leap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done with the quilting, if anyone gets a ruler out, whack them with it!! The quilt looks stunning. Happy birthday to your grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous Baltimore quilt Michelle, I don't know how you find the time for them all! Happy Birthday to a very grown up boy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to share the making of your quilt Michelle, its beautiful.
    And Happy Birthday to your GS too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilting is so beautiful. Looking forward to the final photo shoot! Happy Belated Birthday to the 10-year-old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.