MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Beginnings and Ends

The end is in sight for my Wings and Pretty Things quilt. The last row of elongated hexies is sewn together. I hung the 4 rows up on my shelves so you got the idea of how many there were!
The four little butterflies are appliqued for the corners and just need their antennae stitched on.
I have cut the borders.
So everything is set for the last border.....removal of papers and appliquing the hexies on the borders are next.
In light of my progress I have allowed myself a bit of a beginning on my new project.
This is the centre block. This quilt is one on my wish list and I am excited to get started. I know a lot of you have already made it....I am usually late to the party lol!
The postman delivered some more supplies to see me on my way.
I am hoping to use a mixture of French General and other Reproduction fabrics.
It has been hard to resist.......
The other beginning is trying to work out how exactly to put together the Applecores for a quilt.  I have watched a couple of tutorials but all gluing and none for basting, which is my preferred method. Anyway I gleaned what I could and I think I have it sussed now.
I didn't want to pack it in my caravan with no clue how to use them. I am going to try and work two rows so that I know the process and can repeat it easily.
Well the fire needs lighting.....it's a bit cool here in sunny Queensland today.
Stay well and stay warm folks.
Namaste and blessings Michelle xxx

15 comments:

  1. Wow they are long borders, they look very pretty. Must be exciting to see the end in sight! Nice start to your new project, good idea to get the putting together right before going away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wings and Pretty Things is so close! That's exciting.
    And how lovely to be jumping into a new project as well. Great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you will have another finish before you know it, Michelle......well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh...its exciting seeing Wings is so close.... and two lovely new projects started...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting, a caravan trip to look forward too. Of course you need a project or two, or three, to take. Where are you heading off to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. There has been a lot of work put into those rows of hexies. Your new project looks exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to seeing your new quilt project grow. Gorgeous long column of hexies all ready to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long rows of your hexies, look so nice to see them.
    Love your new project to see growing in your own fabric choice.I love your pictures in the yesterday blog, such beautiful surroundings. Love to see it. Beautiful flowers, ferns and trees. Like it. Your applecorn is one to love for when you on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects look very interesting. You are surging ahead. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sew good to have the enlongated hexies and corner blocks ready to put on Wings....
    You'll enjoy making Nature's Journey , I did.
    Good start on the big Apple cores...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be lovely to see WIngs all put together - the hexies look lovely. What a pretty quilt NJ is. Good luck with those applecores - they look tricky to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just stitching away here. Wonderful projects and so close to a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle oh I love those cute butterflies,it will be lovely to see your wings put together ,well done on your beautiful work. Have fun with your apple cores I ended up with holes in my fingers doing mine lol,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend,Namadte and blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pft...my comment just vanished on me. Where was I? Love your elongated hexi strips. Apple cores look interesting. Butterflies coming up well. So many lovely projects . Have fun,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those elongated hexies Michelle! Oh I have that Nature's Journey pattern too but strictly sitting on my hands! The applecores will be a lovely caravaning project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.