MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, June 1, 2020

Still Quilting

Good morning friends. I hope you are all well wherever you are. As my post title suggests.....I am STILL quilting! Progress is definitely being made. I have completed Block 8.....
And this one was such a pleasure to do....unlike the last block Number 9. What a darn nightmare! I finally finished the cross hatching on it. Because I must have been away with the faeries when I quilted the block below it way back when the lines didn't meet up! So I have found myself unpicking some of the rows of quilting to try and get it to look passable.....arrrgggh! Anyway whinging over, I am currently quilting the applique on this block.
There was definitely a bit of good old Aussie swearing going on lol!
Then I must think on the border.....I want simple!
I was so pinged off with it last week I retreated with my pencils and had a very nice time....
This is finished now and I will post about it on my art page later.
Now that my Clamshells is finished I had been pondering what would be my next travelling companion if we are not to old to travel when life's returns to some kind of normality. I had a fancy for another one block and join as you go project and I decided on Applecores.  So I sent away for some papers and they have arrived.
I also found a lovely tin of pretty charm squares in my stash....remember those?
So I am going to use them as my starter base for my Travelling Applecores!
My determination to finish my Baltimore quilting is halting anything else to share with you....so as they say " That's All Folks"
Stay well, take care and check in on your family and mates.

Namaste and blessings Michelle xx

15 comments:

  1. Good morning my lovely friend on this very cold and wet day down this way.Your quilt is going to be stunning what a bummer about block below not co-operating ,there always has to be one,lol. Wow your drawings are amazing ,you will enjoy doing the apple cores,hope you hav ea wonderful day Michelle,Namaste and bleesing to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilting is gorgeous.... and it was worth the unpicking to straighten out those lines! Great idea with the apple cores.... and lovely fabric for it too... yay for new starts.... have you made some travel plans now that you can move about in Qld?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is stunning Michelle, as Fiona says worth the unpicking even if it did give you the pip at the time. The apple cores look great, will be interesting to follow your progress. Loving your bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cross hatch quilting... always did always will.
    Love the idea of travelling apple cores too.
    Good luck with the border...xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is beautiful, Michelle.....and well worth the pain of unpicking. Those Blue-Faced Honeyeaters are such interesting colours, aren't they? 'Found' fabrics are a bonus, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your quilting looks stunning Michelle - the quilt will be beautiful! I love the "funny" at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're quilting is gorgeous and know how frustrating it is when it doesn't match up.
    Apple cores look good love the fabric. Am shooting over the your art page to see your drawing. It looks fantastic. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The applecores will be lovely to work on while travelling Michelle. Happy quilting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blocks and the quilting is beautiful. It's a pity you have some unpicked but the results may be there, like we say here in the Netherlands ;-). Here it is dry and warm outside. Love your romance tin and charm pack, applecores are so pretty to see. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you sticking with the quilting . It is looking lovely and you know it will be wonderful when finished. But I am also pleased to let some pencil time creep in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are making wonderful progress, Michelle. How talented you are to be able to leave one past time and go right to another and continue creating something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I forgot to say how much I loved those fancy slippers you got for Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful quilting Michelle.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your quilting. It makes the applique pop. Beautiful artwork. I didn't hear you swearing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't see much wrong with your quilting! I think it is very nice! Good luck with your travelling (project); not much travelling happening on this side of the water,
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.