MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, October 22, 2018

Inspiration

Yesterday was our Sunday Stitchers meeting for October......as usual loads of beautiful show and tell. I don't know about you but seeing the work of others is very inspiring to me......
Helen had her gorgeous Miss Matty's Parlour finished to show us and I love the label. Noreen shared her stunning "Breast of Friends" quilt and we also had a special visitor.........De's Mum, Pat....all the way from Tassie! That beautiful bag was made especially for her by De.
Noreen also had 3 other lovely finishes particularly the blue strippy quilt made in rememberance of her dear Brother and donated to his care home.
Helen also had her beautiful Ruth's Quilt all finished and was a treat to see. I am not sure what the other lovely quilt was called.

Inca was also very industrious and made a great work pouch and gorgeous quilt in Flower Sugar fabrics.....the pretty blue quilt is a charming charity quilt Inca has made from donated fabrics. Tatyana's very cute little lady beetle was so sweet too.
Marilyn had some lovely finishes also.....a row by row group project, Christmas wall hanging and cute pouch.
I shared my Brinton Hall quilt which was my October UFO CHALLENGE.  I now have a finished flimsy.....woohoo! I do love those framed medallions!
I am really happy that I decided to finish it at this point.


Lots and lots of hexies....


A very nice way to spend a Sunday. Stitching, sharing and being inspired.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

16 comments:

  1. always so much beautiful work to see at the SStitchers. I love your Brenton Hall quilt.. those blocks surrounded by hexies are gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much loveliness there
    Some clever talented stitchers in your group

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a perfect way to spend a Sunday - what a beautiful lot of eye-candy - thank you for sharing the photos of it all. I"m still drooling over your Brinton Hall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely lot of beautiful projects. I looove your quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous and I know how much time and energy has been put into it. Angel hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Michelle! Sew much work in your amazing Brinton Hall. Its gorgeous! You certainly have some very talented friends there ... very inspiring indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you say, always so inspiring to see other's beautiful work. And your own quilt top is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing show and tell all round. You are obviously a very productive lot.
    Lovely to see your Brinton Hall again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching from everyone. Love your quilt Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots and lots of very inspiring beauties. Thanks. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle, your quilt is just beautiful & you have very talented friends. Totally agree being inspired by others is so important. So pleased you are well again. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I love seeing what the girls have created x

      Delete
  11. As always inspirational work from your friends and Brinton Hall looks fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to sepnd the day Michelle, so much beautiful show and tell there, your Brinton Hall is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such wonderful projects! I just love your Brinton Hall. How is that done? do you make a ring of hexies and then stitch it on to the fussy-cut background? I may need to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a lovely wander...beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that quilt Michelle, stunning, I love it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.