MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, October 20, 2018

FNSI

Last evening was October....
Hosted by the lovely WENDY of Sugarlane Quilts
I knew I was going to be out for some of the evening which you can read about *HERE* so I did some stitching in the afternoon....what?
Well I started that new project I mentioned last post. I am a member now of an online English Paper Piecing group and they are doing a project which is recreating an antique bed coverlet from 1797. It is a simple one patch design but very appealing.
Here is the orginal and inspiration from the V&A museum in the UK.
I decided to use up some more gorgeous French General fabrics and after some decisions made a start.
I basted the next row before going out to see how it would look.

Once I arrived home I managed to get a bit of the next round stitched on.
I have lots of bits and fat quarters that I can use so hopefully it will look good. Some rounds will be one fabric and others will be a mixture but staying with the alternate light and dark design.
If you joined in I hope you enjoyed your creative pursuit.
Two happy surprises in the garden this morning......
I have a RED Hippeastrum....who knew lol!

And my Tree Begonia has loads of bracts of pretty white blossoms.
Happy weekend folks.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. Another lovely quilt in the making.
    Beautiful flowers. Love hippeastroms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many wonderful groups to join with terrific projects and I will enjoy seeing your progress with the coverlet. Lovely to see a bit of colour in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovevthe fabrics you've chosen for 1797 Revisited. Those hippies are beautiful. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coverlet you are doing. The colours look great. Hippies are gorgeous. Enjoy the lovely day today.x💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. your new quilt is going to be so lovely... It's so good to see plants in the garden being happy from the rain...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice of fabric for your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I saw Celtic Craft Girl has started this project earlier and so I put in a request to join on FB. Now that I see the project you are undertaking, I'm wondering if I'm up to the challenge! Love French General fabrics and that's what I'm using for my Dresden Quilt. How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy making your new EPP project and it will look lovely from your FG fabrics.
    Pretty blooms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a great star Michelle. I have ordered template and papers but fortunately will take a week or so to arrive so I can get some other projects moving in the meantime! Have a rainbow colour scheme in mind at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a wonderful new project Michelle, your hexies look great. What a beautiful hippeastrum, and a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ondrea here. That would be such fun recreating such a beautiful antique quilt. Your colour choices are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your paper piecing is so pretty! Love the colors and looking forward to seeing it grow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both your gardens grew at FNSI... xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are feeling better. Love the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely piecing. That is quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, what a beautiful start you have made! Such a lovely project Michelle, it looks like you will have fun with this one - and imagine that, 1797, gosh that's old! Your outside garden looks like it is gorgeous, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Michelle, that quilt is going to be gorgeous! Love begonias, and I bet those hippeastrums were a surpise! Looks like fun at your sunday gettogether....gee I wish I lived closer! *sigh*Ooooh and by the way, youre our fnsi winner this month! congrats and I hope you enjoy your prize! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.