MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, July 9, 2018

Bits and Bobs

Good morning Monday! It is very nice to have the world back  on its axis instead of the tilt its been spinning on. Sniffles still persist but hey can live with that!
My July Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks are finished....beautiful reds!
Four little star points are basted and read to be assembled for Blessings corners.

Speaking of Blessings....thankfully an eagle eyed friend picked up that I have missed one little circle......phew thank goodness for lovely friends! I would not have been best pleased if it had been quilted when I discovered it! Funny how you can stare at something so closely and still miss bits.
And a little secret sewing has seen me fling myself completely out of my comfort zone! In fact I think I may be in another universe haha!
Very nice mail arrived too.....more supplies for my tag stitcheries. I am amazed at how different these look to the others I have. Hardly any of the blue I liked...hmmm!
I think perhaps I shall have to wash them and use some now so I don't have a group of tags looking too different.....mix them up a bit....1st world problem I know!
I have enjoyed a very arty morning.....missed not going last week and now I fancy a cuppa and a honey sandwich!
Yum! Bye for now.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

19 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how you can look and look at something, and still miss that little "not quite right" piece! I do love those black and white fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would have enjoyed making your red circles.... lovely to see someone using the basting method. Yes I have noticed differences in some of the threads - but at least with the tags being a bit apart it won't be too noticeable... Glad that spot was spotted.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo..lucky that spot was found! Beautiful circles and diamonds..very orange stitching happening there. Hope your threads work out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found the missing dot but hey that could have been your Amish bit. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle lots of beautiful work my friend,hope you feel better soon,wow lucky you found the dot,hope you have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Cottage Garden threads can vary a lot - but if you jumble up the stitcheries you won't notice it as much. I know you will know - but really it won't be so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your friend really does have an eagle eye to spot that small missing dot. Glad it was discovered before it was quilted.

    Glad you are feeling better. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice red dots and tiny diamonds...
    Good your friend spotted the missing spot.
    Hmm your secret sewing is very different from your usual projects.
    I guess it's because the CG threads are hand dyed they can vary in colour...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've completed your July blocks quick smart. They look good. Just as well that dot was discovered now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your red circles. Goodness what an eagle eye to spot the missing dot. I've learnt to buy several skeins of the Cottage Garden at once. If you buy the mall at at the same time then you are most likely to get them from the same dye lot than if you went & bought some later on as then the chances are they are from a new dye lot. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those red circles sure are gorgeous looking colours & fabrics Michelle. I would not NEVER have noticed that missing circle ... eagle eyes definately!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt, glad you got the missing bit sorted, very eagle eyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure you would have noticed sooner or later that a piece was missing Michelle... as for the thread, I wonder if that can be an issue with hand-dyed threads? Good idea to start using them asap, so the difference isn't quite so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your circles. Whew! Thank goodness someone picked up that oversight. I have to check my stitchery blocks 3 times lol. Enjoy your honey. My dad has to feed his bees at the moment. A lot of problems down here for bees at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the July Rainbow scrap challenge blocks. Those threads are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for coming on over for FNWF too.
    I noticed the "missing" circle but thought there was a reason for it...ooppsss...xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work - good job that circle was spotted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How lucky that missing circle was spotted!! Gosh what a shame about the cottage garden threads. Nice bits coming along and I'm with you when it comes to honey sandwiches ..... yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful applique.. and glad you spotted the missing circle! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.