MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday's Treasure.

Well Our lovely hostess MELODY has burnt herself and the poor girl can't sew and type at the moment. I thought I would still post today's treasure as I know she loves seeing all our treasures.
I love yarn and hand knitted and crocheted items. I think they are things of beauty.I can crochet but can't knit to save myself apart from rows of plain and then I always have to ring my Mum and ask how to cast off....a tragic thing I know. My Grandmother was a beautiful knitter and crocheter and when the weather gets a bit chilly many of my family will pull one of her warm rugs over them and cuddle up. My treasure this week is a gorgeous blanket (it's to big to be a rug) she gave to me that she had made because she knew I loved green. I love it. I love that the wool and blanket have been in her lovely very clever hands. But mostly because it was given to me with love.
Her work was always so beautiful.
Lastly, hugs and healing to our dear Melody for a quick recovery and hope she is back to her stitching very quickly.
Blessings Michelle xxx

10 comments:

  1. That's certainly a lovely treasure to have. I love those kind of blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket, love the pattern, and so nice it's from your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ric-rac is always so lovely and your blanket looks fantastic....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is really beautiful, I love the colours, your Mum is very clever. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Michelle and her work is amazing and the best part is being wrapped up in this blanket of love:-)hugs Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Treasure Michelle, made all the more lovely by the fact it was made with love by someone you adored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arrr...handmade items... nothing nicer is there! Green is my fav colour too so of course I love this one... and it does look snugly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post Michelle - and what a treasure from your Grandmother. Her love surrounds you every time you use the blanket... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so lovely, Michelle, my mum crochets and I have afghans that she made for me. I should do a post of them one of these days, maybe when it turns cold again. I am keeping precious Melody in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandmother's blanket is beautiful! Pretty colours & a very neat & even tension....a lovely treasure!!
    Cheers....Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.