MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Tribute to Audrey

Audrey Hepburn has been a favourite of mine for as long as I can remember. Recently after revisiting "Sabrina" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" I did some little drawings which I have since turned into stitcheries. I stitched them in black DMC on little white backgrounds and didn't know what to do with them. Over the weekend I assembled them into a small simple wall hanging which I will finish off with a sweet bow and smaller spotty binding. So I'm calling it "Ode to Audrey". It still needs quilting and it's other litle bits but I thought I'd show you any way.
I also have given into the "Hexie" virus but the bigger kind. I did a table centre with cupcakes for Handmade a few years ago  (featured in our Hexie challenge for Colourful Friday ) so I am using those templates. Thanks Fiona for the reminder about how cute these are to do. I'm still drawing so don't have any to show just yet but they are on their way.
Hope you all had a great long weekend here in Queensland.

11 comments:

  1. Perfect fabric for your tribute to Audrey.... I went back to look at your cupcake hexies.... lovely... I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. michelle this is so gorgous i love the fabric and the designs,well done this is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work as always. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. Sure brings Audrey to mind. :) Happy Stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wall hanging is lovely Michelle. The colours work perfectly. I love birdcage stitchery. Can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea & perfect fabrics for Ode To Audrey. You are clever! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure this would have pleased Audrey , it is gorgeous and the fabrics are perfect ,you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous! Wonderful stitchery designs and the fabric is perfect with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the spots Michelle,and the stitcheries are very cool! Very talented!
    Happy stitching, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful project, the pink and black dots are perfect together, your stitcheries are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.