MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday's Teddy Bears Picnic with Melody

Todays picnicers are the boys from the 'triple c' (Cane Chair Crew). All made by me when I had loads of patience. Gomer in the vest and Bruno the big boy (22 inches tall) are teddy Bit's patterns. Bruno used to stand up but his joints are a little wobbly now. Pickles is in the blue cardy and I have to say I have a very big soft spot for him. He was featured in one of the Bear creations magazines and is a Teddyworks design. his cardy was knitted by a lovely Kiwi lass I worked with who got so sick of me cursing trying to work out the pattern (I'm no knitter) she took it off me and made it. I love the colour of his fur as it does remind me of pickles. Now the cane chair they sit on was bought for my brother and one for my sister. I was considered too old at the time to want one. I was secretly devestated. They were hand made by the Blind Institute in Brisbane. Many years later my brother was throwing it out in a garage sale and when I saw it I screamed NOoooo!!! He looked out me strangely and said "oh for goodness sake take it home". So I did and the boys sit there quite comfortably together as they are best mates. We are having our picnic inside today because it's a wee bit damp outside.
To see who else is picnicing pop over to Melody's http://thehouseonthesideofthehill.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. What a handsome threesome - Love their sweet faces.
    Good chair story - they look so comfy snuggled there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading about the bears , a handsome crew they are too .So glad you saved the chair it is really special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bears are so cute. I'm so glad you were able to rescue the chair. Happy Stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful little trio. Thank you so much for coming on the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What handsome boys you have. They will be irresistible to all those little girl bears on the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable. Have a good week Trish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bears and I am glad you saved the chair. My dad had one similar that I so wanted to bring home after he died but I think my brother either kept it or got rid of it. It would have been about 80 years old now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They certainly look like a motley crew. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like a very good (and handsome) set of bear friends. Hope they enjoyed the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous hug of bears. I'm so glad you rescued the chair and it is now yours. The bears look so cute in the chair Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.