MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure

This is my very first Tuesday's Treasure so here I go. I have chosen the quilt I received from the beautiful women in my quilt group for my 50th Birthday (a wee while ago now). It's all hand quilted with a hand stitched label on the back done by my friend Ann who is not really in to stitching so that made it even more special that she took the time to stitch it. It was such a special day and a surprise also. I am a confirmed Christmasaholic and my birthday is in July so they prepared a  yummy Christmas in July lunch with Christmas carols and plum pudding to boot. The table was set with my friend Bev's best china, linen napkins and beautiful Christmas decorations on the table. There was even a decorated Christmas tree with even MORE gifts for me. I was totally overwhelmed by the love and generosity showered on me that day. I use the quilt to cuddle up under in the cooler weather when I read or journal and I really do feel that I am wrapped in a blanket of love.
If you want to see more Tuesday's Treasure pop over to Melody's http://www.houseonthesideofahillblogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    Welcome to Tuesday Treasures, thank you so much for joining in. What a beautiful quilt and wonderful friends you have. You must be a treasure yourself to be so loved by your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and a definite treasure to have , as well as the friends who gave you such a lovely present . Thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle,

    I love your quilt and can see why you have some great memories associated with it.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, You're getting good at this blogging! *smile* Will you take me with you to the museum, and show me how to hand quilt, too! *grin*. Christmas/Birthday in July. I'll have to remember that one! Love the quilt, too. Have a great evening, Michelle. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle what a lovely story no wonder you treasure it ,it comes with sweet memories also.
    cheers shez

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.