MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, May 24, 2024

Nature's Journey

 Good morning friends. I had hoped to get back here sooner but life just gets busy. So of course this will probably be another novel lol! So grab a cuppa.

I recently received 2 quilts back from my clever friend Fiona @bubzrugz. And both have been quilted beautifully. I have attached the binding to Nature's Journey, another favourite Anni Downs design. I loved stitching this one. I left off the last 2 borders as I wanted it for a particular space but sadly my Maths was well and truly off and it's still too big.....so it will just have to shine from my quilt stand. The centre piece of this quilt grabbed me straight away (as did Gossip in the Garden) and made me want to make it.

There were lots of my favourite things depicted also.... birds, bees, butterflies, dragonflies, hexies and pears and lots of lovely blooms.



Fiona has quilted it beautifully. 
So pleased with this finish.
I completed it with a label that I made from an extra block I made through over enthusiasm lol!


As Nature is the subject of this post I thought I would share a little project I did to utilise some of my paper eco dyeing. I decided to make a little pamphlet style booklet to showcase the prints. I added an extra piece on the front and sketched a bluebanded bee and some gumnuts to the cover.
I also added little sketches and tiny stitched pieces throughout. I kept them tiny and in places where there was a space so as not to detract from the eco printing. I  intend to include more nature quotes throughout (even though I have terrible writing but was told to get over it recently lol) Here are the little stitcheries I made and insitu in the book. 

Here is a little wander through the other pages.






I added a pocket at the back by sewing it on the machine, to hold some tags and info about the workshop and some feathers picked up on one of my Wanders.
I added a tie and a tag to close it.
I am finding that I am really enjoying working with paper especially making small booklets.
Still on Nature, I finished my Yellow Rose drawing. What a treat this beauty was to draw.
On a personal note I was thoroughly spoilt on Mother's Day...treated to delish morning tea by my Daughter and children along with beautiful flowers. 


And my Son and his family made me a wonderful roast dinner complete with apple pie and a book voucher.....perfect....such a lovely day.
Our youngest Granddaughter celebrated her birthday recently with her favourite thing a fabulous cake....cake is her thing! And she was pretty pleased with this year's offering lol!
Still with me? Thank you. I must add a thank you also to the lovely comments those of you who are noreply bloggers leave me. I appreciate each and every one. 
Well I guess I am finally done. I shall leave you with some more of my orchids which are blooming their heads off. They're making me very happy. 


Hug your loved ones.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx







9 comments:

  1. So much beauty in this post Michelle. Firstly the quilt which is a stunner!! I do love Anni's designs & you have made it so beautiful & Fiona's quilting is just the icing on the cake. Then that booklet you have made ... Oh MY!!! You always make me want to create more spool embroideries but now I want to play with paper!!!
    And the Mothers Day treats & the yellow roses ... just gorgeous. 💛 Wishing you a wonderful weekend Michelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Michelle.....love the quilt, it is very "you"! And your booklet is stunning. Tell Granddaughter her cake looks really yummy, and - as the mother of a drummer - keep on drumming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You enjoyed a lovely Mothers Day morning tea, it certainly looks so yummy. Then a roast dinner too, what a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your version of NJ - so lovely to have that finished now.... How gorgeous are your pictures. - love the blue banded bee. I have no orchids - I think I will give them up - it gets too cold here.... special mothers day and birthday.... big hug....x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your NJ is gorgeous. Love the little nature booklet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful post...enjoyed so much. Your Nature's Journey is just so beautiful, Michelle. And that booklet you made is stunning. Again how talented you are! So nice to see you too and what lovely times with family. Take care, J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame about Natures Journey not fitting - I sometimes wish we could have expandable walls.
    Your Nature Booklet will be lovely to look at over time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finished quilt will look gorgeous no matter where you display it. My quilts are folded in a container! Who knows what will haooen to them later. I love your note book idea and it is s9 beautiful. You have great ideas and your artistic flair makes your ideas work so well. Lovely family pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post Michelle. Your little book is just stunning! Such great use of your beautiful papers. Natures Journey is such a gorgeous finish. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.