MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, May 6, 2024

Quilting and Visitors

 Good morning. Today is a public holiday here. The last for us until August. The skies are brilliant blue with lovely sunshine streaming in the windows at the moment. It's supposed to rain later so I popped out and took some photos of my pretty orchids now in flower,  seemingly having dodged that horrible beetle and my Croton bushes which have brought forth bright yellow and green new foliage. It seems to be since the Jacaranda was pruned. They are just stunning!






I haven't done a lot of stitching of late, instead concentrating on hand quilting Where We Love is Home in between lovely craft lunch with friends, Grandies sports, Anzac Day commemorations and music displays. It's slow going as I have a dicky shoulder and rest is the cure. Easier to say than do!


I am doing very simple quilting as I don't think it needs anything fancy.
I had such lovely visitors yesterday. Did you have a favourite Aunt? I did and still do. My Aunt moved to be closer to her family a while ago and where as she was 30 mins from me is now 2 and a half hours away. And I found it difficult to visit whilst caring for my husband. So what a great day we had together with my cousin-in-law when they visited. We talked and laughed the day away. Tripping down memory lane and catching up on current family doings.

My Aunt is a keen gardener and she bought me some lavender from her garden both fresh and dried....ohhh it smells divine. The soaps are handmade by a friend of hers....did I mention homemade cakes.....bit spoilt!
I have always felt blessed to have this beautiful lady in my life. There is something special about having someone who has known and loved you all your life.
My friend Katie is also my hairdresser and she recently adopted another Tenterfield Terrier to keep her other pup Annie company.....this is Max....who is simply adorable. He is so tiny with these huge ears...needless to say it was fun having cuddles. Just had to share.
OK friends that's about it. Not a lot of sewing to show this post. I am now off to stay with friends and get ready for another printmaking workshop tomorrow....excited much! Hopefully I will have some interesting things to share....fingers crossed xx
Take care, be gentle with yourself and others.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 




7 comments:

  1. Your garden looks interesting, Michelle. Lovely to keep up with family, isn't it? It's not easy taking it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures from your garden Michelle and very special to see your aunt. Lovely quilting too. Enjoy your print workshop. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ese Croton es impresionante y los regalitos encantadores. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very special visitor for you and the crotons must like the extra bit of light. funnily enough I met a little Tenterfield Terrier this weekend but had not seen one before... very cute.... slowly and steady goes the quilting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks wonderful Michelle & the orchids are such a pretty colour. Yes I did have a favorite Aunty - she is long passed now but I did adore her. How special to have them both visit you. I hope you enjoy the Print workshop & I look forward to seeing what you create this time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love seeing the exotic plants that grow in your garden! Beautiful hand quilting project.
    Lovely to have special people visit x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy seeing you beautiful garden.
    it has been a busy time for you and lovely to catch up with your Aunt and CIL . You received some nice gifts.
    Hope that shoulder feels better soon so slow stitching is good.
    I'm sure you'll love the workshop Michelle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.