MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, March 8, 2024

 When I sat to write this post several days ago it was an overcast showery day....which was lovely. All the raindrops dripping from the leaves in the garden were a balm to my hot and bothered self.

It's overcast again today and cooler....relief!
This past week I have spent on lots of different projects and managed a couple of little finishes. 
Every year at Easter time I usually treat myself to a new little item for my collection. This year I decided to make it. I crossed stitched these little bunnies and made some tiny pillows. I have been meaning to do so for years....



I also wanted a new table centre and made this one from framed hexes.

So I am all set to add these to my collection. 
I have begun trimming (remind me to trim blocks as you go next time) and sewing my Owl and Hare blocks together. I am having to take it slowly because I hurt my shoulder reaching back to turn off my bedside lamp....shesh! And it doesn't like long sessions of rotary cutting. But some is better than no progress. 

A lovely friend recently offered me some of her no longer required embossing folders and cutting dies. So I was keen to have a play and made some cards....
I am very slow in the card making area but it was fun....love me some pretty embossing!
Even though I would not say Autumn weather has arrived, I am working on my Autumn trio for the Celebrate the Seasons slow stitching SAL...I love orange and all those earthy colours.
I seem to have acquired a few UFOs in my art drawer as well as stitching. I began this one...who knows when and decided it's time had arrived. If you have travelled outback Queensland you will recognise the subject from the Hebel historic pub. As you know I am partial to rusty old things. I think the thought of drawing all that grass was the reason it went in the drawer. Finally progress is being made!
Today I am hoping to get a few more Owl and Hare blocks trimmed.
Today is also my lovely Daughter's birthday. 
We love something a bit naughty so I definitely see some cake on the agenda soon to celebrate.
I shall leave you with this quote. I love it and rings true. We all struggle at times when we aren't liked or included and can't seem to fathom the reason....so keep this in mind.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 





12 comments:

  1. You've made some cute Bunny Cross stitch and hexie centre decorations for Easter.
    Slowly getting the pretty Owl and Hare blocks together.
    Great Rustic ute drawing and the Autumn trio will be lovely when complete.
    Hope your DD had a wonderful Birthday.
    I like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quotation and so true. Nice new Easter ornaments, every year I think I must do something for next year but never do! Owl and Hare is looking good as is your lovely autumn stitchery. Great rust too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday wishes to your lovely daughter, Michelle! No, it's not yet autumn here either.....still waiting, although it isn't quite as bad as it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you have been busy Michelle. The Easter bunnies are so cute, and I love your slow stitching. And the old truck pictures is great. Love the birds. What a great quote from Katherine Hepburn, by the look of her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little bunnies with the 'heart' tails are adorable and make a nice addition to your Easter collection. You have some beautiful projects, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Easter centre, perfect with the bunny fabric, and the lovely white bunnies standing on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post Michelle. Gosh those easter bunnies are cute!! I think I have that pattern - I am looking forward to putting my Easter decor out soon. Beautiful projects - Happy Birthday to your dear daughter x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh those cross stitch bunnies are super cute and just perfect for your collection, as is your framed hexagons... sorry about the shoulder, I wish we lived next door and I could trim as you sew! Those are very pretty cards you have made... good to have some on hand.
    TAke care... love that quote too
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like those cross stitch bunnies and the framed hexies in the table centre. Both are perfect for Easter. I haven't really thought about anything for Easter this year. May have to jump in very quickly.
    The owl and hare blocks look great. But look after that shoulder. Very frustrating.
    Have fun with your new folders and dies.
    And enjoy the birthday fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I never thought of WIPS for art work too!
    Love your little bunnies. Poop about the shoulder - gives you a reason not to machine sew...LOL. The cards are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love love the saying and it is so true!! Hope your shoulder is all better soon, so you can continue block trimming. The bunnies are super cute! Your cards are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bunny creations are fantastic, in cross stitch as well as in the blocks or the sweet bunny couple.
    Your great cards also caught my attention... I made my very first three cards and it was a lot of fun.
    Orange and autumn yes, exactly right... we're going into spring - so green and yellow.
    All the best wishes for your daughter on her birthday.
    A hug for you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.