MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, February 29, 2024

Gossiping in the Garden

 Hello friends. My friend Fiona @bubzrugz and I joined together to sew Anni Downs Gossip in the Garden quilt. I was lagging behind even though we don't pressure each other to finish. I was behind because my sharp mathematical brain had completely stuffed up my border fabric calculations. But after some thought I used what I had left and added EPP scallops along the border strip's.

I had a lot of jiggling with the scallops to make them fit.....

I felt rather pleased with myself but when I sewed them all on they didn't quite meet but I cannot get them any better so calling it finished!


And no only my quilting Faerie will see that lol! I absolutely loved working on this quilt.
I have been also working on a little secret embroidery.....a sneaky.
Slow stitching has been my Seasons Trio. My Summer set is complete and just waiting on backing and a little sleeve. My inspiration was a piece of May Gibbs fabric. I have been a fan forever.




When my friend Shez came to stay she was very naughty and spoilt me with beautiful gifts. Earlier for my birthday she had made me a beautiful bee inspired drawstring bag with a set of her apple and pear pieces. I now have a gorgeous little project pouch to match.
..she knows that I love bees....even named my Daughter after them. Any guesses?

Look at that sweet zipper charm....love it!
But wait there's more. Shez added to my secret obsession with Erst Wilder brooches...a beautiful King Parrot....a perfect reminder of my Royal Visitors on my verandah. 

Completely spoilt!
I don't sleep well these days and read into the night. So I am giving into the weariness today and spending it quietly with a little stitchery project I am working on for Sunday Stitchers. 
I wish you all a happy Thursday. I am being completely indulgent and leaving you with a little ditty I penned long ago. I found it when looking back on my early blogging days. I have been a blogger for 13 years. My blogiversary being the 4th January. I think I am imagining myself there with the Faerie folk. Hope you enjoy it xx
"Silent Songs"
Amongst the bush ferns with tight curled fronds,
Dance wee faeriefolk to tunes of which they are fond.
I can't hear the music though I strain my ear.
The dancing butterflies let me know they are near.
They seem to enjoy the music so much, flittering and fluttering as they dance on the flowers with a soft gentle touch.
Maybe the tune is the wind through the trees or maybe it's birdsong carried on the early morning breeze.
Do I imagine that I can hear it?
Maybe not.
- Michelle Ridgway.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx








12 comments:

  1. Gossips is gorgeous. Lovely gifts from Shez. Love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my friend oh I love gossip ,is it a new quilt for my bed lol,well done . Your poem was lovely to read Michelle goes to show you are a lady of many talents,looking forward to seeing yours and Fiona progress on the new project ,take it easy and enjoy the beauty that today holds for you ,sending big hugs 🤍🌷🤍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shez. You never know lol! It fits on there nicely xx

      Delete
  3. Gossip is beautiful, love what you have done with the borders. Beautiful gifts from Shez. Your slow stitching seasons are beautiful, I am a bit of a convert now having done a class last Saturday! Quiet days are the best of you are not sleeping well. Look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quilt, Michelle....it looks pretty good to me from here! I am guessing - Melissa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finish on your Gossip top Michelle, just lovely. And your summer trio are gorgeous. Great gifts from Shez especially the brooch! Lovely poem. I am a year behind you in the blogaversary stakes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gossip is just stunning Michelle!! I would be so proud of it too. Shez sure did gift you some beautiful treasures - I do love her bags that she makes, they are all just gorgeous. Your slow stitching is making me drool all over my screen!!! Enjoy your day Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely stitching.... all of it!!! The work on the secret one is just gorgeous.... looking forward to playing with Gossip - so good to have had that time with Shez and special gifts from her...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a treat to visit your blog and see your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your Gossip in he Garden is a lovely finish. Beautiful stitching in all the blocks and borders.
    Your Summer trio is also gorgeous. So many lovely treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous quilt, it looks great on the bed, and it has the perfect Michelle palette as well. I love May Gibbs fabric too, and it looks great worked into a Slow Stitch project. So many goodies today: love the bee things, and the King Parrot brooch is tdf! And I am sure there are fairies near you in the beautiful bush, under a fern, dancing in the sunbeams. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love your version of Gossip and that you have put your spin on it with the scallops. I still hope to make it....one day. You have really mastered the art of slow stitching. Such beautiful stitching and weren't you spoiled with your birthday gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.