MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, March 16, 2024

March Progress

 Hello there. Here we are in the middle of March already.....I don't know about you, maybe you are organised and lead an ordered life but I always seem to have a myriad of things happening at once. Lately I have tried to make progress on WIPs.

All my Owl and Hare blocks are now together and I have begun the little scrappy border.

So good to be nearly there! Sunday Stitchers have a WIP challenge to help us get those projects closer to their finish. I chose to work on a Sashiko project I have had for so long. I made my monthly deadline for March....block 3 is complete....pleased about that!
We at Sunday Stitchers have also banded together to complete a stitchery quilt begun by our dear late friend Inca. I have my contribution ready to hand in on Sunday. They are actually really bright in real life. 



I've kept up with my weekly 60 minutes art challenge. 


Got thoroughly engrossed in this book as I did in his first....Boy Swallows Universe. 
His tales are dark, brutal, heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. They have bought about many interesting conversations with others....seems to be either love or hate.
I have been also been trying to get back to my Nature Wanders...a few pics from my latest one. See if you can find the little Dusky Moorhen amongst the Lillies.





Water Dragons kept surprising me on the paths, sunbathing. I love their markings....most scurried away but the middle one was like.....NOPE....walk around me human lol! Such attitude!


Watching the ducks glide serenely across the pond is so calming. These two are Pacific Black ducks. So pretty.

So glad I went.....
Look at those reflections! Nearly missed this sweet Mama sitting on her paperbark nest. She might just end up on paper.

Hope you enjoyed my little wander and thanks for wading through another looong post. Before I go a big Nana brag...last night watched our youngest Grandson battle through to the grand final in basketball....heart stopping game. Don't know why I bothered getting a seat. Spent the whole game on my feet.....both sides were awesome! Mr. C dropped 6 baskets in the final quarter....was fantastic and his Grandad would have loved it!
Wishing you a weekend doing something you love.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 










10 comments:

  1. Being in nature is very healing, Michelle. Love the bright stitchery, and your lovely applique. Well done to the grandy for a great effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures from your walks Michelle, always good to be outside. Owl and Hare is looking lovely, so many beautiful different blocks. Love the Sashiko and of course your drawings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely wander around that pretty pond, Michelle, serene nature at it's best and lots of inspiration for your art. Not sure about those water dragons though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful post Michelle - so pleased you are blogging again. I love your nature photos. You always seem to acheive heaps with your sewing related work - good on you!!! Heartiest congrats to the grandson - I would've been on my feet cheering too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Owl and Hare quilt is looking great. Hope you can find all you need for the borders.
    Well done completing the sashiko. and keeping up with the art challenge.
    I have enjoy the two previous Trent Dalton books and am looking forward to reading this one.
    The water dragons look amazing and would be a lovely surprise on your walks.
    Looks like you are in for a few exciting sessions at the basketball. great to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Michelle, lots to look at and enjoy. I had a giggle at the water dragon, I am sure some do get stepped on as they just stay where they are and are hard to see sometimes! Your art challenge is going well Michelle and the quilt blocks and stitchery blocks look wonderful. Well done with your GS and basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You encountered so amazing wildlife on your walks. You are working on so many wonderful projects. I really like your Owl and Hare quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done catching up with some WIP.
    How nice to complete Inca's stitcheries .
    Beautiful time spent in nature .
    Great to keep up with your lovely drawings.
    Gee your GS has grown heaps and well done at basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I agree there seems to be no time and so many things to get done... your owl and hare is so beautiful - love the soft colours. The sashiko and stitching looks great - keeping up with your art will take time but well worth it and sneaking in some nature time....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. A nice newsy post. Owl and Hare has come together into a beautiful quilt. I love your colours. It's lovely that you can all work to complete Inca's quilt. She would have been delighted. I have a couple of Trent Dalton's books here to read. I will get around to it one day. Aren't you lucky to have such a peaceful place to go for a walk and I'm guessing get inspiration for your art work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.