MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Opening the Door to 2023

 Hello friends. It has taken me a while to get this post written. But I  felt honest and frank was best. Wishing you all goods things for the upcoming year. No new year resolutions here....as I try to navigate my new normal. I shan't bore you with soggy details,  needless to say it's a struggle each day. That said, I have to share huge love and gratitude for the kindness shown to me and mine during this difficult time. The care parcels, books at the door, cards and "just checking on you "messages. The friends and family who've sat with me through some dark and difficult days.  Sent me beautiful bouquets of flowers. Losing the love of your life and your Mum within 5 months is no walk in the park as you can imagine and there is no blueprint on how to do it despite all the well meaning advice that comes your way. It really is a day at a time!

 But would I have chosen not to have had this love in my life if I had known how much it hurts to say goodbye.....never, not for a minute. My husband has left a legacy of love. Love of family, generosity of spirit, courage, kindness, a passion for music, film and sport and a wicked sense of humour.... He was a quiet man. A lesson for all that you don't have to be the loudest voice in the room to have a full life well lived xxx

And just as life is meant to whether you are heartbroken or not....it carries on.....and so must you.....so you mark those special occasions knowing they are so worth it! Memories being made.
We had a special birthday to celebrate....our Daughter in law's 40th. It was a lovely celebration for a gorgeous person. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. And boy the cake was delicious! 
I caught up with friends when I could. 
We celebrated Christmas even though we all found it difficult and will never stop missing that special person no longer at our table. But Mr. R. adored Christmas with the family so how could we not gather together. 
I have  chosen to have a lot of quiet time since Christmas......read a LOT even for me lol!
I have also spent a fair chunk of time at my sewing machine trying to catch up on projects that needed assembly.
Where We Love Is Home is now together. I ditched the final border mainly because I embarked on the project with no clear fabric choices and could find nothing that suited the scrappy look of the quilt for the final border which had scrappy scalloping.....so I called it quits and I am happy. I am going to hand quilt this one. 

I have completed my #52tagroulette challenge and made mine into another snippet roll......love creating these. 


They are a little bit addictive! May have started another little one. I also finished my Nature Journal but I shall show it at a later date.
At the moment I am working on catching up on my Letter to My Daughter quilt. I have made progress on the assembly.....
I only have the last row to assemble.....so prep happening for that. Yay!
The Protea drawing I was working on was finished in the nick of time to gift for Christmas. I drew it for my dear daughter and added a honey bee as that is the meaning of her name.

So folks, that's me done for my first 2023 post. Looking forward to getting back to being a more active blogger once again and hopefully future posts will be full of lots of sewing and art projects.
Namaste and Blessings, 
Michelle xxx 








12 comments:

  1. How lovely to hear from you, Michelle.....there will always be a Mr R sized hole, but you have such wonderful memories that will stay with you forever. Love and best wishes for peace in 2023. Your Protea is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sincere condolences on your losses--sending good thoughts and wishes for the New Year to you and yours,
    I really love your "Letter to my Daughter" quilt
    so lovely beautiful work May your heart be warmed by your memories these difficult days...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear friend I am so glad I got to spend time with you and Gary ,what a beautiful man he was ,I feel very blessed ,I know your loss hurts deeply,sending you much love my friend 🤍🤍🤍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that I did not know about your lost Michelle. You are now in my prayers. It's a long and lonely walk, but like you said you would not have changed a thing about it. We both have wonderful memories of a love that enriched our lives beyond any thing we could have imagined. Looking back when we married we thought we knew love, but love grows with each day, month and year until it is so big and beautiful, so much that our young hearts never could have imagined.
    We were both blessed with good men and our memories will never fade.
    God bless you dear blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post .... a wonderful man who will always be missed by so many.... we were fortunate to know him. Great to have you back blogging - I love seeing what you make - of course love them and love getting tempted into projects by you!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I (we) did not have the pleasure of meeting Gary we all felt we knew him through your posts & the many adventures that you both had Michelle. So he will even be missed out here in blogland.
    Your creations are just beautiful - I am so pleased you have found some solace in your craft - it has truly gotten me through some of the worst times of my life. And YES - I can verify that the snippet rolls are indeed addictive - thanks to you!! 😉😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful memories of a special man. Your Anni Downs quilt has turned out beautifully. Who said it needed that extra border? It looks perfect like it is. Your other quilt is going to be great too and I do love your snippets rolls. I wish I had your patience. I look forward to following all your creativity during 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a heartbreaking time for you with two losses, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so pleased you coped so admirably with Christmas, with the love and support of your family. Take care, and as you say, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Michelle, a beautiful and brave post for the New Year. You have had enormous difficulties these past years, and how lovely your family gathered around you for Christmas. The photo of Gary is a beautiful tribute to a lovely man. I am so happy your stitching/artistic spirit never dims, and must be a great solace for you. The quilts as absolutely perfect, and the snippet rolls exquisite. I am about to make another one, but my work has become rather more 'rustic' these days. Take care, love Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle siento la pérdida de tus seres queridos. Desde este lado del océano te envió mi abrazo más grande

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many happy memories Michelle and such a beautiful post. Good to know that there are friends and family around to help you through. Nice progress on your projects, I love the snippet rolls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take time to work your way through the difficult times. Enjoy time with family and friends and your lovely sewing and artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.