MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, January 9, 2023

Magic At The Museum

 Hello there.  Warning...photo heavy! Last week my Daughter joined me to visit the Queensland Museum to visit..

We got a bit silly.....but figured it was long overdue.....had to try some Minnie Mouse ears!

Said hi to Snow White.....
But if I am honest as a child I preferred all the wicked Queens....
But the real reason I wanted to visit was so see all the drawings from years gone by for all the animations.....and I was far from disappointed.....loved them all....a few samples!



There were story boards and beautiful watercolour plates....so interesting....loved this photo showing the artist getting an expression in the mirror to replicate on his drawing.
I bought a new handbag sketchbook as a memento....and had a bit of a sketch....which was highly encouraged....always loved cranky Donald lol!

As an extra treat we had a leisurely walk through Southbank on our way to lunch......


We needed that walk after our dessert.....dear daughter and I shared a bit of each. 

Throughly enjoyed our outing!
On another note.....my Mum had a lovely old Singer treadle machine....nobody in the family wanted it and the thought was perhaps we would sell it. But in the end I just couldn't bear for it to go to strangers as she really loved it. Soooo I found a spot....luckily I am not a minimalist lol!
Well if you have waded through all my photos thank you....trust me I gave you the edited version lol!
Ok I am off to do a bit of EPP.....now that my hand sewing is just about done for Letter to My Daughter.....I am doing a bit of work on my Lucy Boston.....oh is that my Lucy Boston friends hitting the floor in a faint lol!

Take care,
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 

















9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful treat, Michelle! A rare chance to see that artwork, and to make your own inspired by it. Your dessert looks yummy, I would have wanted to share too. Your treadle machine looks the same as my two, both from the mid-1920s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day out. The gardens look interesting - as do those desserts! I don't think I knew you were doing a Lucy...... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect day with your daughter. I've always been amazed at the early process of make Disney animations. Imagine every single movement had to be hand-drawn. Your sketch is also very nice. How fortunate to have your mom's treadle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely day out with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous outing - and so nice to go to it with M. I think artists are so clever (you included) since I can't manage a stick figure! Good luck with LBoston.... utter madness!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful outing you both had Michelle. How special & those sketches are just amazing. I have a singer trestle sewing table too ... No I am certainly NOT a minimalist either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful day out. So glad you kept the treadle. My Mum was supposed to get her Mum's treadle but somehow it went to one of my cousins place & was never seen again. Quite annoyed about that. I need to get back to my Lucy Boston too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great day out and good on you for wearing the ears, you look very cute!! Well done too on keeping the treadle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would have been such a fun exhibition to see, especially as you understand what is involved much more than me. That dessert looks positively evil! Just as well you were sharing. Have fun with Lucy. A few girls seem to be resurrecting them lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.