MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, February 28, 2022

The Big Wet

 Hello friends. Well in my corner of the world we have been at the mercy of huge slow moving rain band for the last few days....it has caused major flooding and inundation for many poor folks! 


This is the road to my son's home as the river flooding affects all the local creeks....a major road in our area!


We live quite close to that large Swedish store and this flooding has impacted all around it! My family are all safe but even the magpies at my sons were fed up  with the continual drenching and took shelter under his carport on his ute lol!

Whenever we had heavy downpours in the past, hubby and I would go up to our favourite local  bushland walks to check out the little creeks begin to flow. It is quite safe to do this. As he couldn't do it this time,  I  did a bakery run on Sunday and as it's on the way past the park I called in so I could show him.....
The creeks were really full and flowing.....


I did say it was safe but at some stage one of the tall trees had fallen across the footbridge...

Needless to say thats as far as I ventured.....on to the bakery and yummy lunchtime treats!
It was the ideal sewing and reading weather in between many, many trips to drain water from our swimming pool.....night and day I might add! Sooo....I finished the "My Neighbourhood " block.
And finished off these cute elephants for Letter to My Daughter quilt. 
Before the weekend nice mail came...... some French General fabric always makes one feel decidedly cheerier...
And I finally got to spend my book voucher from my family during an online sale.....
A very happy bookworm! 
Today we got sunshine breaking through the clouds every now and then......
Whilst the worst of the weather has now moved away from our area sadly it is now affecting our southern neighbours in New South Wales coastal areas with devastating results. Here in South-east Queensland we are still awaiting the consequences of rivers reaching there flood peaks. A nervous wait for many!
As I type I can once again here rain on my roof....hopefully it stays only showery but that makes people's clean ups so much more difficult. 
My heart goes out to them all and also to all those poor souls suffering because of the cruelty of a wicked despot invading their homeland in Ukraine!
I shall say goodbye with a little monochromatic study I did of a little Grey Butcherbird. I love their beautiful song....for non Aussies google their song...its lovely!
Stay safe everyone. 
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 










16 comments:

  1. It certainly has been a tad damp up your way. It was incredible to see the devastation on the new tonight. Lets hope the rain finally lets up soon. You ended up with a lovely neighbourhood and very happy mail. I love your butcher bird. Yes, they do have a very pleasant call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been seeing the floods on TV, glad to hear your family are all safe, Michelle! Love your butcherbird, their song is really beautiful. Your neighbourhood is very sweet and I have never seen such pretty elephants...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you and yours are safe-ish from the floods, it is so devastating in other areas...you know it must be bad when the maggies take cover like that!...love that elephant block...and your neighbourhood looks very friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear you and your family are all safe and I hope everyone gets relief from the rains soon. Your Letter to Daughter blocks are so cute and you selected some nice French General fabric. Wonder what that will become?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually heard your area mentioned on the radio with regards to the rain so I'm pleased to see you're keeping dry-ish. But have just heard how much rain and flooding is hitting NSW - it sounds very worrying. Love your stitching of course - the elephants are very cute and also your Butcherbird looks amazing - off to listen to his song. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to read about today..... thank goodness the rain has stopped for a while - lets hope the water goes down quickly... what a mess there will be.... some lovely sewing and I do approve of those new fabrics that have come to love with you. Butcherbird is in your usual wonderful style....x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been watching the flooding and speaking with lots of our friends up there who thankfully have all been pretty well ok - Daughter & SIL are in Griffin and were cut off with flood waters but ok. I do miss the lovely little butcher birds that used to come each day to our house in Maryborough for a feed - the magpies come here and with my garden coming along we now have blue wrens which weren't here when we arrived. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of water. The only thing to do is stay in your sewing room and stitch, read and eat. Stay dry and hope the water receeds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an unusual combination of music your Butcherbird makes - so cute though. Flooding can be so devastating for people and such a mess it leaves behind. Sadly the news here is all about Ukraine - little time for anything else, just horrendous. Stay safe and dry Michelle - and keep on stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rain has been crazy up your way. I am so pleased you and your family are okay. I can't imagine the clean up in so many areas.
    Thanks for the photos of the magpies. I think they appreciate being under cover.
    Ans the photo of the bridge really gets the message across about the flooding.
    I am glad you are getting in some sewing and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes you certainly copped the rain up there. We're next... glad you are OK.
    Great pics & I hope your son doesn't have a huge clean up to go through...xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been dreadful - hopefully the storms predicted for this week don't happen as well.

    Love your neighbourhood block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you and your family are safe from flooding. Those magpies have the right idea. Your blocks are beautiful Michelle, lovely happy mail too. Your new books lookk interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh you sure have had some rain over there Michelle - all that flooding. I hope it has eased by now. We are so dry here so you are most welcome to send it our way. Your blocks are gorgeous ... especially love the elephant block. Your bakery treats look rather scrummy too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I do love getting your Blog. You inspire me....but I must admit I'm not as prolific as you. We were lucky with all the rain. No problems at all. Although Rob and his sister went to visit Dad in the home on Monday made it there fine...nearly didn't make it back a lot of roads blocked. Stay safe. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are still safe and not flooding at your home. My brother couldn't get to work for a few days as the roads were flooded. Lovely projects to keep you sane and some good reading ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.