MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Saturday, March 12, 2022

March Slow Stitching

 Hello friends. The March instalment for Tag Roulette has rolled around again and I had a very nice relaxing time completing this months tasks. The tag numbers to be highlighted were....

No. 3 - Scrappy.

I went with some pieces of selvages that I loved and saved. I have left them unadorned for now, hoping to add something later.

No. 18 - EPP I fancied a hexie flower with a bit of embellishment and couldn't resist an extra hexie with a busy bee. 

No. 33 - Flag I really just replicated the flag on the original tag.




I added some extra stitching by adding a sunflower (for Ukraine) and a stitched circle. 
It really is difficult to stop lol! Bring on April!
I am now up to the last applique block for Where We Love Is Home and am planning a picnic under a blossom tree!
My Daughter had a birthday and there was a reason she was born on International Womens Day because all bias aside....she's a wonderful woman. She organised cupcakes for her class to help her celebrate her 21st birthday *wink *wink because the littlies wanted to know how many candles was she?
Hubby and I got lucky with one to taste test.
I love this photo of my girl and I....a while ago now but special still!
Hubby has been a bit below par again so I have spent my time reading and drawing.
Loved this book shared by a friend....have read all Fiona's books and enjoyed each and every one! Thanks Bev xx
I  was gifted in a secret Santa years ago a tiny sketchbook. It is not very good quality paper but I hate to see things go to waste and so I am using it to do quick little drawing studies. I do get a little frustrated with the limits of the paper but at least it's got a purpose now. Here's a selection from my efforts so far.
Earlier in the week I was able to get to my art group after a really long absence. They have moved venues and I am now literally 5 minutes from home if hubby needs me.....so good! I am really happy to be amongst my arty mates once again!
I began a new project to work on there.....a big industrial rusty gate and locks with a little Willy wagtail checking it out.....maybe a bit kitch.....but this scribbler could care less....I love it so far! 
I  really love nice snail mail, don't you? I received a very sweet card from friend Sue last week.....with some favourite bees featured!
It's a very special card as it has seeds embedded within it. So if I can bear to bury it, when the weather calms down I shall see what pops up! Thank you Sue xxx
Ok I do try but it looks as if I have once again written a novella lol! Thanks for reading this far.
Take care all. My thoughts go out to all my fellow Aussies who have been devastated by the recent floods in my home State and southern neighbours.....horrible messy clean-ups  with so many homes lost. The tragedy for the poor souls in Ukraine is beyond heartbreaking.
Be kind people.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 












13 comments:

  1. Oh my, those cakes look good.....happy birthday wishes to your lovely daughter! I love your bird album, it may be small but good things come in small packages. Your stitchiong is so pretty - a lot of folk are going with sunflowers right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee I seem to have missed a few posts. Have enjoyed seeing your superb blocks for home is where the heart is quilt. I am loving them coming together.
    your embroideries are so sweet for your stitchalong.
    Beautiful pic of you and your daughter. She must be a chip off the old block x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend, lovely to see all that work you have done... the tags are gorgeous and I can't believe you are on the last block of WWLIH... beautiful stitching. The art is amazing.. .how good to have the group meeting right near you. lovely cakes for Mel... clever her and a great pic of you both... take care and a hug for your man...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh another lovely post Michelle filled with so much eye candy. I love how you interpret the tags & put your special touch on them. I would be sitting there thinking (for days!!) ?? flag ?? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have always loved your drawings of anything old & rusty - it is so special. Gosh your daughter looks like you! I'll just bet her class adore her & enjoyed all those cupcakes. How special. Enjoy your week Michelle ... these are heartbreaking times we are all living through. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is exquisite. Belated Happy birthday wishes to the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely things on your blog. A very productive time again. Love your drawings and your stitching. I read that book and am currently reading her latest one..The Spy's Wife. It was you who started me reading Fiona's books. Lovely pic of you and your daughter. Keep stitching and smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle hope Gary is feeling a bit better now.
    wow how handy your art class moving closer ,how good for you and your drawings are amazing and so glad that its a wonderful outlet for you.
    what a lovely idea with that card from Sue i have never seen one of them before.
    Happy Birthday to yopur Liss what a beautiful young women she is and a lovely inspiration to her children ,her cakes look so yummy ,lucky you and Gary getting to taste test,take care lovely lady ,sending big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hearGary has had a bad time, hopefully he is a bit better now. Looks like your daughter had a great birthday, good 5o see you and Gary had a taste of the birthday goodies. Your stitching is beautiful Michelle and your birds are stunning, love your rusty creations. Hopefully the card grows lovely plants and feeds the bees! ๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your slow stitch sampler is looking gorgeous, so many different things to look at. Those cakes look delicious! Lovely little sketches and so good that you can get back to your art group. The rusty piece has started well. Have you come across an author called Marina Fiorato? I only found her recently and enjoyed The Glassblower of Murano as much for the story as the insight into glass production. So much sadness in the world xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always a beautiful post of your wonderful work. The cake....cakes look yummy.Hope you all enjoyed the birthday girl's day. Nice to have a bit of sunshine for awhile. Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tags are lovely and I always enjoy your pictures of birds.
    Of course your daughter is 21. And of course that is ancient to the younger children. The cakes look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading novellas esp. with morning coffee. I just loved that happy photo of daughter with cupcakes and the one of the two of you is a treasure. Slow stitching is wonderful, a little sketch book of birds is just awesome, your larger developed drawing is beautiful too. SO happy you are getting into it all again with fellow artists. You are so talented, Michelle. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just catching up on my Novella reading - hehe! Nice that you are able to have a bit of Me Time with your art group - love the piece you have started. Sorry to hear Hubby was a bit below par and hope things are a bit better now. It's always lovely (and inspiring) to see your beautiful handwork. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.