MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

February

 Good morning friends. Can it really be February? Today is our eldest Grandsons birthday.....so my day started with an early morning birthday cake drop off on his way to school....CAKE and celebrating your trips around the sun are big in our family and not even COVID can stop it! Lol! So masks on,  gift giving and many happy returns through the car window were a lovely start to the day!


He is a mad Star Wars fan and loves Baby Yoda.....so I drew and painted a birthday card especially just for him...
The things we Nanas do! But wouldn't have missed this for quids as the saying goes!
On the stitching front.....
I have been making more progress on Where We Love Is Home......some more little applique blocks. I custom made the bees as I wasn't as fond of the mushroom block that was in the pattern.
A little more assembly......
And after the Chooks block...
More Assembly! 
The border has  ninepatch crosses and my time at the machine is a bit limited these days  so I thought perhaps I could slowly work on some EPP crosses instead......so had a little trial and I like how they look so I am going with them.
They are actually quite quick to make....just as well as there are 60 to make!
I was starting to congratulate myself on staying focused until Anne Brookes from HannemadeAnne came up with the idea to have a "Tag Roulette " e.g. each month she chooses 3 random tag numbers from our 2021 Tag challenge and we recreate those techniques on to the one project.
Well I caved.....naturally!  My thought was to make my project another "Snippet Roll" for another of my vintage spools.....so!
This month's numbers were.....
1. White
23. Floral
52. Macrame
I have used a little white doiley and buttons with a little macrame centre. I think rather than floral I have gone a bit more botanical....I so enjoyed stitching the leaves and vines that I got a tad carried away! Anyway suffice to say I am definitely crazy but loving the new challenge. 

Looking forward to this months numbers. 
I don't know about you but I have always loved a green/pink or green/lavender combo so couldn't resist these pretties......love mail that contains fabric!
My blue ginger is flowering.....to prove my point! Nature never ceases to amaze me....they are so tiny and perfectly formed little flowers when they open.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 












15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandson and lovely stitching, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh a Happy Birthday to eldest Grandson Michelle - that card is perfect!! I couldn't get the gist of the new tag challenge when I saw a few on Instagram but now I do ... thank you !!😊 And yours is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Baby Yoda card you make for your GS.
    Great progress on all the beautiful blocks..
    The crosses look good.
    Lovely work on the new challenge project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flower Michelle - I do love that colour combo. Lots of nice sewing things happening there - the white piece is gorgeous and a fun card for your grandson. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate cake for breakfast! count me in! happy birthday to Grandson...
    loving your progress on your quilt, those chickens!
    love the tag/doily, very cute!
    lovey fabrics, some of my favourite colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha...love the card! Happy birthday wishes to Grandson. Well done on your quilt progress, and the tag doyley is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you have a blue ginger Michelle - they are gorgeous! Well done. What an intriguing challenge, and beautiful results. I can't wait to see your roll unroll, so to speak. Happy Birthday to a very special grandson, and I bet he was thrilled with the cute Baby Yoda. He is popular in our family too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all seem to be weak when it comes to saying NO to new challenges. Enjoy. Pretty blocks and gorgeous new fabrics. Any plans or just because????

    ReplyDelete
  9. so much to see today... I love the Yoda card and so glad you got a visit and some cake... very special.... I love all your new quilt blocks... I am going to start mine soon (even if I haven't done as much of the others as I should have!) I'm going to enjoy watching your snippet roll grow.....
    Hugz to you and the mister....xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always lovely to visit you Michelle... of course all your work is gorgeous too. Love the YODA card... too clever...xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOur grandson is definitely a grown up boy now.
    LOVE your applique it's so gorgeous, I have to really resist temptation when I see the lovely applique your are doing.
    what a wonderful new embroidery project, and those mauves and greens are a beautiful combination.
    your ginger flower photos were well placed after the fabric photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your grandson is growing up quickly. Very exciting. Glad you had a chance to do a quick catch up.
    Lovely seeing your blocks come together. They always look good on their own, but work much better together.
    Great idea with the crosses and far more portable.
    You really are hooked on those tags. I can see why as they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry a bit late catching up. Seems to be thevtine for birthdays. Our 1st Great Granddaughter turned 3 today. Went to Hervey Bay yesterday to celebrate with her and the family. Was a great day.
    Your stitching is beautiful as always. How is your Lucy Boston going? I'm up to joining rows...still awhile to go. Love to you and the family. Mon

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a good nanna dropping off a birthday cake early in the morning. Loooove the card! I didn't realise Ann Brooks was part of your tag making. I love her embroideries. Oh my! So many beautiful blocks completed . You have been very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are certainly making good progress on the quilt...Children seem to grow up overnight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.