MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Monday, July 20, 2020

When Sunday Becomes Saturday

Due to Covid restrictions and safety protocol we had to change our room and our day for Sunday Stitchers to Saturday.
It was very nice to see everyone even if we were tables apart.
Lots of lovely show and tell and a HUGE catchup on our birthdays. This year we had a "5 item" in a drawstring bag challenge .
1. Something round
2. Something touchy feely
3. Something with the recipient's initial
4. Something funny
5. A treat
This yours truly opening hers.
My gift giver was Anita and I was very spoilt!
Can you guess what was what?
My drawstring bag is just so gorgeous. And has a different design on each side. Anita has a fabulous whizz bang embroidery machine....you would swear it was hand stitched....

We had quite a few "interesting " items e.g. Unicorn Snot lip balm?? Lol!
Sandi also gifted all the birthday girls with some of her lovely handmade cards.

I worked on my No. 9 Flowerville block.
So despite all the cleaning and wiping down of everything and no shared treats we still managed to have a lovely time!
Yesterday I watched some tutorials on the old age debate about glue basting v thread basting for EPP. I know that I shall always want to thread baste some items but I really would like to save my hands and some time by gluing occasionally.
So I have had another go.....it is obviously much faster.
I will withold judgement until the papers need to come out! That has always been my issue. Hopefully this time I have used just the right amount of the right glue.
Time will tell.
Have a lovely week friends.
Michelle xx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely to be able to get together, Michelle, even under such trying conditions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be able to get together again even at a distance. Lots of lovely goodies given to the birthday girls. I will be interested to hear how removing the papers go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely to see you getting back into sewing groups Michelle. I have not ventured out much yet, but I think it is time ...although we must be vigilant. Interesting to see how well you did the social distancing. Your redwork bag is the business - just stunning! Be safe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Michelle how lovely you got to have your craft get together,we haven't gone back yet our room isn't big enough to spend everyone around. Wow I love your new bag it's so cute ,love the cards Sandi made too. Lol haven't seen unicorn snot before ,yes I use glue to for EPP ,namaste and blessings my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great to be together again. Live your gifts very spoilt. I love to glue and have had no trouble. Hope you are as happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to have been able to have a sewing day with the ladies with restrictions...
    Lovely birthday gifts .
    Such pretty threads your using for Flowerville.
    If I do EPP always use glue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you all chat via text messages!! haha.... lovely gifts Michelle, very spoilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea for a challenge, your gifts look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice to get together once again with your sewing group , the swap idea was great and y9ur present is wonderful. Unicorn snot lip balm must be a rare item 😁😁. Lovely cards and your stitchery is coming along well, I use glue except for small hexies. I find the shapes pop our quite well after sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning gifts you received Michelle. I was so sure that was hand stitched, not machine! Gorgeous cards also. I look forward to the results of your glue trial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet bag of treats you received!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely you were able to have a wonderful day and your gifts are beautiful. I like to state that my quilts are hand embroidered on the label because so many people are using machines these days. I have converted to glue sticks with EPP depending on the size of the pieces. It took me a while because I seemed to get in a sticky mess lol. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a smart group you are. It is worth the safety measures to be able to spend time together. Love the fun time you had with the gift giving and how creative it was.
    I don't mind using the glue sticks. Each to whatever suits them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just so nice you can sew together......
    Trial and error I worked out the right admount of glue.... If you have issues getting it off give it a quick iron it helps to release the glue..... I use a tailors awl or a nail file to poke and lift them off sometimes to.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.