MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Show and Tell

As promised yesterday a very pretty show and tell from my friend Monica. This gorgeous box is a gift for someone very special.
It is a beautiful Faeries in my Garden pattern. Monica is an exquisite embroiderer and this is completely hand sewn. The embroidery is all worked in one strand of thread......oh my! So beautiful!
There is also a very special label inside worked by 3 generations....Great Grandmother, Grandmother and Mother.....such a treasure!
It never ceases to amaze me, the beauty a needle and thread and a clever needle woman can create. Thank you so much Monica for allowing me to share your exquisite work. You know where I live so just pop it on the doorstop...that will be fine lol! I know its true recipient will adore it xx
Bit of art from me to finish.....
I seem to be stuck in branches with little birdies at the moment. Loved drawing this beautiful creature. Loten's Purple Sunbird. Unfortunately I couldn't quite get the hint of purple iridescence with my pencils but I am happy with it.

Short and sweet today.
Enjoy your day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx

17 comments:

  1. Good morning my lovely friend ,wow That sure is one special box your friend Monica is very clever.
    Oh your little sunbird is gorgeous Michelle,you are a very talented lady ,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a beautiful heirloom. SOme people are very clever. LOve your birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work from you and Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Absolutely beautiful - thank you both for sharing, what a lucky lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful keepsake, Monica has angelic hands to produce such beauty. I love your bird drawings, they are so life like. Thanks for sharing, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Monica's work is stunning work indeed, Michelle - lucky recipient! The bird is so detailed, you're very talented with the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is beautiful, I wondered how its put together....and you are so very talented and just made that little birdie look so alive....I drop by often but don't always comment.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful box monica is a very clever lady. Your little sun bird is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The box is gorgeous!!! What a treasure-very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very special that the label was worked by 3 generations. Gorgeous box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, couldn't you have sneaked that box in your bag for me? its sensational. so is your lovely bird, I just don't know how you do it
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous box. A treasure for sure. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness how gorgeous is that beautiful box Monica has made. A treasured keepsake for someone special that's for sure. Your beautiful bird is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous box beautiful work !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for those gorgeous words.
    The box is for my daughter's 40th birthday at the end of the month.
    How I love your work Michelle. Your little bird just lifts off the paper.
    Had a great day catching up. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for those gorgeous words.
    The box is for my daughter's 40th birthday at the end of the month.
    How I love your work Michelle. Your little bird just lifts off the paper.
    Had a great day catching up. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful embroidery. What a skilled lady!
    And Your bird is delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.