MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, January 16, 2015

A Quick Catch Up

Good morning all. Just popped in to say I am still here. I have had and continue to have a house guest. My Mum is staying with me and so I haven't has time to post or see what you have all been up to. A bit of lurking has been going on but that is it. So I feel that catching up on all that reading is out of my grasp...apologies!
Do any of you have a beautiful Aunty. I am sure some of you do. I have and she is my Aunty Dawn and I have loved her forever. Funny, kind, a great teller of tales, avid nature lover....great company all round. I visit her when I can and as my Mum was here we went for a visit. She is on the right here with my Mum.
We always have a lovely time. Catch up on the news of my cousins who live away, talk about family and old family stories. I just love it. This time my Aunt had a very special surprise for me. She knows I collect Cranberry/white china and I had once admired a partial coffee set...coffee pot and two cups and saucers.
When we arrived she had it all parcel up and insisted she wanted me to have it. Isn't it beautiful? Talk about being spoilt. I will always treasure it, just as I do my Aunt.
On the sewing front I have been catching up on work committments, writing instructions and working on some commissioned projects. I have been sneaking the odd EPP block sewing in as well.
Calendar Bears:
A lot of you have been emailing me about the commencement of the monthly stitch-a-long in Country Threads magazine.
The first block January (of course) will be on sale on or about January 22nd. I have it on very good authority.
That's it from me..enjoy your weekend.
Namaste and Blessings
Michelle xxx

18 comments:

  1. Lovely post and photo of your Mum and Aunty, Michelle. No older relatives left now for me so you definitely need to treasure them while you can. My cousins are going to have a get together this year so will be nice to catch up again. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pic of yr mum and Aunty and such a generous gift. I have and had many wonderful aunts over the years. My dad died at 82 in 2013 and was the youngest of 7 and had three lovely sisters who all sadly passed on. I am so grateful to have something from them to remember them by. At present my kids adore my uncles wife coming over who is 88 as much as I loved her coming over when I was younger. i am about to begin a quilt using some scraps she has given me so I know I will treasure that too. Mums sisters are still going fairly strong in their early 80's. It is a special bond that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to spend time with your mom and your aunt , family comes first . I love the tea set , gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous China, Michelle. You have certainly been spoilt! Your quilt is looking beautiful (as always). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of your Mum and Aunt..isn't you Aunt a lovely generous lady! She has a lovely happy face! Your quilt is looking wonderful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to be able to spend time with your mother and your aunt. A delight.
    Your coffee set is gorgeous. What a lovely gift.
    Keep enjoying your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle,how nice to spend time with your mum and Aunt and what a lovely thing for your aunt to do,i know you will cherish it,oh your BOM looks wonderful,enjoy your day my friend ,Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle what a blessing for you a loving Mum and an Aunty! So nice you can share in each others company. Your bears are always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww how lovely Michelle for you to have a special Aunt you treasure. Such a lucky girl with the beautiful gift she gave you and for you to treasure.. Love the bear quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo of your mother and aunt....and what a sweet gift! Your aunt knows how much you love that china and she can enjoy your pleasure in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly I don't have an aunt, but a little while ago, I told my friend's Aunty Gwen that I wished she was my aunt, so she 'adopted' me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a day to treasure!
    a generous gift for your collection.
    enjoy your time with your mum while she is staying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to have your Mum staying and of course to visit your beautiful aunt. She sounds very special. Ooh and how lovely she gave you that most beautiful coffee pot and cups and saucers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt ....,,bet those two are naughty LOL ...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. how lovely to have your mum to stay and then see your Aunt... beautiful tea set... very spoilt you!!! keep having fun...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I remember you like that Cranberry china, Michelle... Aunty Dawn looks like a very bright and cheerful soul, and how lovely that she gave it to you. Pass it on while you can see the happy recipient, I say. All my aunts have gone, the last one in 2013. Have a great weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful gift from the heart. Precious time spent with family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a great day, the gift you will treasure always. Lovely to be able to spend time with such happy looking ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.