MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Friday, February 23, 2024

Surprise! I Am Still Here

 Hello friends, I can't tell you where the time has gone and I can't believe it's been 3 months since I last posted. But a lot of days have been down days and nothing worthwhile to post about.......so I didn't. I decided it was time for a catch up. So grab a cuppa if you fancy.

I enjoyed a quiet Christmas with my loved ones even though we were all deeply aware of the empty chair at our table but I guess that's forever now. I celebrated with friends and did some festive baking and ornament stitching. 

I've had a lovely start to the new year, celebrating my two Granddaughters leadership ceremonies. So very proud of these young ladies.

I began a January challenge for art. The challenge being a time limit of 30 minutes for each drawing prompt. These a few of my offerings.
My Sacred Kingfisher is also complete. I loved working on this piece. He was such good company.
I have continued to love slow stitching and  enjoyed working on these projects in recent times.

I have begun the lovely Caswell quilt this year and have talked my friend Fiona into joining me. We never quite know who leads who astray lol! This is my first block.....so lovely to be working on some needleturn applique again.

Sunday Stitchers have a WIP challenge this year. I have chosen a Sashiko kit that has been in the cupboard for eons.....hoping to get closer to finishing it this year. 

My friend Shez came to stay this past week and we had the best time. We managed to set aside some time for some tution. She was very patient and helped me overcome my horror of zips.....don't laugh the fear is real. AnywayI am very chuffed to have made a sweet little zippered pouch.....woohoo!

Shez and I met up with friends for fun and laughter over her time here in the big smoke. Lots of mischief was achieved and even a country drive up the mountain for an early birthday celebration for Miss Fiona @bubzrugz Good times xx

With all the humid showery weather we have had my "garden of neglect" has exploded...a collage of mine and Fiona's Summer blooms.
So that's bought me up to date. I hope you are all well and enjoying your stitching and interests in this brand new year.

Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 
P.S. thank you Tanya.....for your kind enquiry about my welfare it was deeply appreciated. You came up as a noreply blogger and I couldn't respond xxx





13 comments:

  1. Whoopee! A post from Michelle, it's been too long. Love everything especially the Caswell which is going to be gorgeous. How you get those drawings done in 30 mins I don't know - takes me that long to get the shape right let alone add any detail. Lots of fun with friends too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you again, Michelle! Those kiddos are shooting up, aren't they? Time spent with family and friends is the best time.....and with needle and thread too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pero qué costuras tan bonitas haces, me encantan. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear from you again Michelle, and see some more if your lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely catch up with friends and always good to conquer a fear especially zips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on getting over your fear of zips, I am sure having a patient teacher helped!! Beautiful 30 min drawings, good to have the catch ups, I hope the sadness of the empty chair eases for you as time goes on. Lovely to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the best time with you and Fiona ,missing you already 🤍🌷🤍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my friend, lovely to see your pictures and read up ..... and of course I recognise my special slow stitching project.... your Sashiko is looking fantastic as is Caswell, I am itching to start mine with you... aren't we lucky to lead each other astray?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Michelle , so good to read your post.
    Lovely you've had special time with family and friends.
    Well done with the zipper pouch.
    I'm sure Fiona and you will enjoy working on the beautiful Caswell project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to see you back in blogland again Michelle - I have missed your posts! Congratulations to your grandaughters - how special. I have drooled over your slow stitching on instagram & also the gift you gave to Fiona - Oh MY!!! What a special time you had with Shez. She can come & stay with me & teach me zippers anyday!!! x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is lovely to see you back and to catch up on all your projects. Good to see you catching up with friends and having special times with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back to blog land!
    A great catchup pot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice newsy post. It looks like you have spent some lovely times with family and friends. Your garden is looking a picture. I can't believe that you created those artworks in such a short time. I'm green with envy. I have completed the same Sashiko panel in indigo, but don't know what to make with it. I'm interested to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.