MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Catching Up Part Two

 Hello again. Part two. Recently I met my friend Fiona @bubzrugz at the Brisbane Craft and Quilt show. We had a lovely day and having someone to discuss and drool over all the amazing quilts was a treat. Very little shopping was done as we were so taken with so much beautiful work in one place. We decided this beautiful French General quilt was a perfect backdrop for a photo.

I thought I would share a sample of some of the beautiful quilts...
Applique beauties that appealed.



I was quite taken with the Indigo dyed quilts.



Of course birds always catch my eye. 

Fiona almost needed a lie down over all the hexes in this one lol!

We were amazed at the treatment of Suffolk Puffs on this one.

The last few....I just liked. 




The last quilt really fascinated me. The maker collects all manner of old textiles and makes them into a collage of embellishments, old needlepoint, fabrics and embroidery.



It's probably not for everyone but it tickled my upcyling little heart.
Now last but not least Sunday Stitchers meeting was attended this past weekend. Our theme for morning tea was SMILE and Helen and Sandi did a fab job....
And it definitely made for lots of smiles.
OK...I hope you enjoyed the quilts and haven't fallen asleep. I shall leave you with my little show purchases and new quilts for 2024 may or may not have been discussed *wink.

Take care one and all, hug your loved ones.
Namaste and Blessings, 
Michelle xxx


















10 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking us along to the quilt show with you, Michelle.....and I didn't have to spend a cent! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot of beautiful quilts - no wonder you had little time for shopping! Now I have never been a fan of suffolk puffs but, that quilt does look like a stunner. The close up especially reminded me of piped icing flowers. The last quilt reminded me of Jane Brocket's embroidered table cloth quilts where she cuts the embroidery out of old tablecloths and sews them together. I will send a link. Lovely day out with Fiona. xx
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. It's so nice to see such a variety on display as I'm sure we all seem to make our favourite types. Lovely to go with a like minded friend who appreciates quilts just like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such eye candy & so many amazing quilts. I loved the hexie ballerina - just stunning. But indeed I did love that collage of old needlepoints & bits & bobs ... I have enlarged it to peer a bit closer. Just so inspiring Michelle & a wonderful photo of you girls in front of Mr French General 😉💗xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a lovely day out and I loved chatting the quilts with you (and planning new ones!) thank you so much...x
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely lovely to be able to drool over those gorgeous quilts with a fellow quilter. Love that ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so good to be getting back to quilt shows. I am pleased you had a good time and thanks for sharing pics of some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely time you had at the quilt show Michelle, and sweet treasures you brought home. It will be no surprise to you that I am besotted by the last quilt: what a gorgeous combination of vintage things, and with lots of birds too. Fabulous. Thank you for a beaut show and tell! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those quilts are just amazing, so much talent, love the hex dancer and lots more. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo of you and Fiona. Thanks for sharing the quilt photos. Love the ephemera quilt, was that done on a backing or just added to as it went along?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.