MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Catching Up Part One


 Hello friends. Because I am currently such a slack blogger I am doing a Part One and Part Two...so where to start...what has kept me busy of late?

I had been preparing for two Art exhibitions on the horizon. A friend talked me into entering into the prestigious Holmes Art Prize for Realistic Bird Art. Unfortunately I didn't make the final but I am glad I took a chance. My entry had special memories bound up within it. So it is now been framed and installed above my stairs. 


The other exhibition begins this week and I have 4 pieces on show. Really looking forward to it. Held at my favourite place Mt.Cootha Botanical Gardens. 
I also wanted to try some eco dyeing on my own at home.....so had a ton of fun fluffing my way through the process but quite pleased at the results. I made some gift cards with a lot of the pieces.




I will definitely be playing with this medium again.
I am still on track with BOM Owl and Hare and Gossip top is almost together apart from the borders.


As usual my estimates of required background and border fabrics was skewed I have had to rethink my options. I have decided on a scalloped edge on a single strip rather than the pieced option in the pattern.

I have also enjoyed lots of slow stitching but just a little picture of my recent work. I shall do a another post about it later on.

OK I think I shall stop here and see you in the next post Part Two.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx




7 comments:

  1. Good on you for entering the bird competition, Michelle....your bird paintings are beautiful, even if you weren't a winner! Your eco dying is interesting - it has been popular here for quite some time, although I have never tried it. Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy time both in and out of the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely keeping busy and being creative. I dont think dyeing would be for me, I'd get in such a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eco dying is lovely Michelle and you are making good use of your pieces. Does the art competition run again next year? If so then you should enter again. Good luck with the Mt Cootha exhibition. Gossip is looking lovely and the scallop edge will look very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your framed art piece looks wonderful Michelle but gosh - that eco dying looks so fascinating & I love your results. A lovely post filled with lovely creative things ....... x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Kooki's and glad they have a lovely place in your home.... and well done for giving it a go entering. Hope this next show goes well and is lots of fun.... YOur eco dying is so clever and I love the results (and especially my lovely pieces) - gossip is looking great - love the scallops... great idea...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have kept very busy with lots to do. Great to see your art work. i hope the display goes well..
    And your BOM is looking wonderful. Beautiful work.
    How special to turn your eco dyeing into cards. Another lovely result.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.