MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Merry Old Month of May

 Hello friends. It is a perfect Autumn day here in my little pocket of the subtropics. 

Glorious blue skies through the trees......
It's been pretty quiet around here.... flu jab.....a few visits to family and friends.....a birthday celebration for a Grandie girl.....skating party was the celebration....Nana passed lol!
We commemorated Anzac Day....Dear Daughter crocheted me these lovely poppy brooches....the lavender one for animals who served also.
Amongst this I have read and sewn a great deal. I caught up on my weekly stitching meditation piece....I find this so relaxing. Just stitching for the joy of stitching...no particular pattern....just whatever comes to mind.


I have also been diligently working away on my Owl and Hare BOM that friend Lorel and I are stitching....I scared myself thinking a new magazine was due out this month! But..phew! Next month. So I am actually progressing in a timely fashion lol!


After I complete this block tonight I should be able to show Gossip in the Garden with Fiona some love!

I am really enjoying both these projects and it's extra nice stitching it and sharing with friends.
Art wise I decided to try and keep perservering with Pastel pencils...I am a bit of a "non mucky" person....hence the graphite and coloured pencil choice. Anyway persevere I did and managed a somewhat reasonable portrait of my Granddog affectionately known as the "D-man" Being a hyperactive Staffy he is notoriously difficult to photograph but we referenced him the best we could.

His family was pleased....I knew that I was a control freak but using pastels underlined it for me lol!
Back in my pencil comfort zone, my new project is for a Kiwi friend who recently went home to NZ for an arduous mountain trek....and saw many cheeky Kea birds....they are extremely clever birds. Their cleverness gets them into strife.....dismantling bits and pieces on communication towers....opening anything they put their clever brains to!  So my friend  fancies a Graphite rendering of said bird in hiking boots to commemorate their wonderful achievement.  Progress so far.....
Their feathers are amazing and sooòoo many of them! 
That is about it from me. I really should rouse myself but it is so very nice just sitting enjoying the sunshine, I might just linger a little while longer....enjoy your day.
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 








13 comments:

  1. Your post is so full of yumminess today... a gorgeous grandiegirl (I would have sat out the skating too!) Dman is just perfect - you can see his character there and I just love your stitching - the sampler is lovely lovely and owl and hare so very pretty..... enjoy the sun while it's nicely warm - this time of year is not long enough - we are already having 5 degree mornings...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I love the kea bird start too - I had to look them up and read a bit more about them... I'd love to se ethem but not sure I am up to a big hike over there!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those keas are certainly cheeky....but their feathers are a beautiful colour! My goodness, your girlie is growing up, isn't she? Beautiful stitching, and I love your Staffie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is becoming a lovely piece of work, such a nice idea. Your Staffy portrait is brilliant - such a lot of character in that face! I am looking forward to seeing your bird progress, looking lovely so far. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your Anzac poppies are Perfection: clever Grandie! Meditation stitching is new to me, but a very good idea. Your work is just beautiful. Your BOM is simply gorgeous, in your own special palette, and I am in love with the Kea bird, beautiful work too. Happy art and stitching. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Owl and Hare blocks are so beautiful, and as always your art is amazing. I can only imagine how many hours you spent on these different projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only it could stay like this weather-wise all year . Looking forward to the Kea bird in boots - that will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden looks lovely Michelle, you have done more beautiful stitching, the poppies are beautiful too!b I remember hearing about the keas pulling the rubber off windscreen wipers in the carpark near where they lived, they also liked to pull the stuffing out of motor bike seats. Looking forward to seeing your kea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful artwork and stitching. This is a lovely time of the year to linger just that little bit longer and enjoy before winter is upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many lovely projects on the go. It is good to see the progress for each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Michelle.... wonderful garden pics & drawings and gorgeous flowers. I LoVe the vase too... xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are many beautiful things here on your blog...
    your embroideries and your sewing are great... i like it a lot :-)
    And I am very impressed by your drawings. I wish you lots of happiness... happy autumn days for you... here in May spring is in its most beautiful splendor... enjoy.
    Many greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your meditation piece Michelle. It is beautiful! I also love your Owl and Hare quilt. I bought the panel! Not sure what I will do with it but do love a good stitchery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.