MY SOUL IS FED BY NEEDLE AND THREAD
....ohh and pencils and paper

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

It's Raining, It's Pouring

 Hello friends from a very soggy Brisbane today. It's poured all night and I for one enjoyed snuggling down listening to the rain on the roof. I put wild birdseed out each morning for the Pale-headed Rosellas that visit me each day. This morning a pair of hooligans aka Rainbow Lorikeets who also drop by were waiting on the railing for me.....looking like a couple of drowned, limp feather dusters.....they hopped right up the other end whilst I placed the seed out and once they were sure I was inside the door they enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Hence the poor photo. I  do love them....they are such clowns. 

Sunday was Mother's Day here in Australia. This was the first without my own Mum.
It's a very strange feeling not to have her here and enjoy a long chat.....we were both gifted in the art of long conversation x
I was very spoilt by my family.....my Daughter took me to High Tea on the Saturday at a local cafe which is situated in the old caretakers cottage of our historic Butter Factory.

It was lovely.....pretty teacups and teapots to admire and use.


The food was fresh and delicious.....

We enjoyed it and being together. 

There was lovely art and memorabilia around the walls and this piece of needlework by the owners Mum caught my eye.
We also popped into the small museum on site......my Daughter was very taken with this model T-Ford.
The lovely volunteers even popped a record on the old gramaphone and we hummed to the Glen Miller Band lol! Such good fun!
My son and Daughter in law had me over for a delicious roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings Mother's Day evening.....so lovely! My Granddaughter baked cupcakes as well so I almost rolled home.
I just love what was on my card's envelope....cleverness by Miss C. Apparently the "Ns" took some thinking about because there was two! Lol!
These are the gems of life folks xxx
Speaking of cleverness a friend has bought a small loom and I got a little gift.....a beautifully handwoven bookmark...so pretty!
I am update to date with both stitch a longs.....
Owl and Hare....
And Gossip in the Garden....
All the Dresdens are done.
Working on the skinny long block of teacups in the evening now.
Today I am all set to begin basting Where You Love Is Home for hand quilting now that the weather is cooler. 
Well I best get on. I will leave you with a collection of my Mum's lovely porcelain painting, gifted to me over the years.....depictions of a lot of favourite things!


Take care,
Namaste and Blessings Michelle xxx 
Oops! P.S. thank you to all those who have left lovely comments that I have been unable to reply to because of your settings.....I appreciate them all xx







10 comments:

  1. What a luscious High Tea, Michelle....and a roast dinner, no wonder you rolled home! LOL Your Mum's porcelain painting is beautiful, I can see where your artistic talent comes from....love the wombat plate. Lovely stitching as always, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely treats for Mothers Day and the Australia embroidery is lovely. Nice to be up to date on your projects and good to get some quilting underway. The painted dishes are so pretty especially the pansies.
    WE are just so glad it seems to have finally stopped raining! Actually managed to go oout this weekend without a raincoat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to celebrate Mothers Day. How nice to be able to provide breakfast for the wildlife. I can see where your artisitc talent comes from. Beautiful plates. More gorgeous stitching happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a busy time there.... and your gorgeous quilts are coming along.... birds do look rather miserable when they are soaked - lucky they can come for a snack at your place... love the card from C....xx
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful Mothers few Days for you. The High Tea looks amazing. You are going well with your blocks for your two quilts. Those birds must have needed a pick me up after getting so wet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post Michelle. What a super photo of you & your dear Mum. The High tea looks so wonderful - I have only ever been to 2 High Teas & I just love them. That card is very special from your grandaughter - or perhaps it was the envelope. Love the painted china 💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful mother's day even though you missed your mum. Lovely photo of you both, you are a chip of the old block for sure.
    Your mum's china painting is beautiful.
    Love your Nanna envelope so very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. forgot to mention how beautiful your stitching blocks are. I have been so smitten watching yours progress I ordered the printed linen. I'll work out how I want to finish it later but just love the stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great to see the birds coming in, especially on such a wet day.
    Your high tea looks delightful.
    Lovely to see the porcelain, too. Very special treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes my day and lets me know I am not talking to myself. Please leave your email address with your comment if you are a not a blogger so I can personally thank you or pop back to the comments later.